Ford cd/radio problems - johndh
I have an 04 Focus Ghia, still under warranty. The problem I have is that since new, the cd/radio unit has been nothing but trouble, in and out of the repair shop 5 times. The latest episode was when the unit failed completely and the dealer promised a new replacement. Five weeks later I went to have the new unit fitted only to find out that it was the old one repaired. Guess what, it failed this morning, again. I have tried complaining to Ford Customer services, but getting nowhere.

Does anyone on these forums have any suggestions or alternative contacts at ford where I can speak to someone who will help resolve the issue, because so far I feel like I'm going round in circles and being treated like a patsy.

Thanks

John DH
Ford cd/radio problems - yorkiebar
Have you asked to speak to general manager or dealer principal of the site ?

If it's a genuine claim (no reason why it isnt) then it is a very easy fix for them to sort; the top man just need to know I think !
Ford cd/radio problems - cheddar
Agree with YB, also just to say write to Ford Cus Serv, a letter is handled by someone who knows what they are talking about however the phone can be answered by call centre staff some of whom might be temps etc.
Ford cd/radio problems - johndh
Cheddar and YB

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. It certainly looks like it has to be by letter, especially as it's a 60 mile round trip to the nearest dealer. Because of the travelling involved I've even considered getting a second hand unit from EBay and chucking this one in the bin. But I agree with you, it should be a simple matter to sort out. I'll come back and let you know how I get on.

Many thanks

John DH