How gutted would you be? - Wee Willie Winkie
www.southportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?thre...1

Fella borrows his mate's DB9. Fella overcooks it on a medium bend on a 30mph residential road. Fella probably lost a friend....
How gutted would you be? - Falkirk Bairn
Is it just me but all the traffic accidents occur in Southport - a place I think we should all avoid
How gutted would you be? - Lud
It's because they've decommissioned the roller coaster. People have to do something else for speed thrills.
How gutted would you be? - Robbie
Is it just me but all the traffic accidents occur in
Southport - a place I think we should all avoid

It seems there is a roving reporter with nothing else to do but go looking for incidents. I must admit he produces some good photo reports.
How gutted would you be? - sine
I wouldn't want an Aston Martin if that is how they end up after a 30mph crash-) Hope he was insured!
How gutted would you be? - JH
It's not that bad. If he'd bought a convertible from AM it would have cost a lot more.
JH
How gutted would you be? - GroovyMucker
That's Birkdale for you.

Southport is bad. A dangerous mix of elderly over-cautious drivers and young aggressive keen-to-impress idiots.

How gutted would you be? - yorkiebar
hope driver was done for driving without due care and attention, or careless driving or some other offence!

No way was that a 30 mph incident ! But I bet there wasnt a speed camera just there !
How gutted would you be? - Pugugly {P}
Obviously learnt on fwd cars. I'd be even more gutted if that was my Honda.
How gutted would you be? - local yokel
> If he'd bought a convertible from AM it would have cost a lot more.

After Fireman Sam used his big tool he's got a convertible now....
How gutted would you be? - BazzaBear {P}
Someone on that page claims that the driver had a seizure of some sort, forcing his foot onto the accelerator.
I'm naturally sceptical, but in that car your foot wouldn't have to spasm onto the accelerator for long before you were doing quite a speed...
How gutted would you be? - bell boy
maybe we should all write to swansea to advise them of this bloke and his seizure if he can go off the road, demolish a lampost and knock down a wall in a road that looks like 20 mph would be excessive
i do wonder if it was the nut behind the steering wheel that was faulty ?

Shame it was such a nice car, but glad no pedestrians were hurt. after reading the report indetail it sounds like a school was close by.

Nice car doesnt always equate to responsible attitude !
3 cars i always avoid whilst traversing the queens highway-----------
the cavalier £35's worth at a bomb site lot (worth more crushed)
anything chavved
flash cars with peanut brain drivers
How gutted would you be? - Lud
But how do you measure their brain size before it's too late om? :o}
they are always on the phone lud ,if they could afford the car the phone would be turned off
How gutted would you be? - BobbyG
Quite worrying in the picture the way the wheel has disintegrated.
it wasnt designed to hit a lampost though
How gutted would you be? - L'escargot
With that amount of damage and the roof cut off by the emergency services, I would expect it to be declared a total loss accident. Since it was brand new I would expect the owner's insurers to respond by paying for a brand new replacement. No big deal.
--
L\'escargot.
How gutted would you be? - Wee Willie Winkie
"No big deal."

Oh yeah, I'm sure the owner has already forgotten all about it!
How gutted would you be? - L'escargot
"No big deal."
Oh yeah, I'm sure the owner has already forgotten all about
it!

People get far too emotional about accident damage to cars. To people working in the insurance and repair industries, and the emergency services etc, they just mean more jobs to keep them employed.
--
L\'escargot.
Sod the car its a lump of metal at the end of day ! Agreed

But thatwasnot a 30 mph accident ( in a obviously residential street ). By all means let the insurance replace the car but please let the authorities do smething to stop that driver gettingbehinda wheel again ! There could have been people killed because of driving standard/ability.