mondeo 2.5 v6 - Electrical Problems - nookkie29
I have just bought the said car on a Y plate has done only 33000 miles.

First time i drove the car in the dark and there were no dash lights, so speedo, instuments, whole central console lights not lit up!!

lastnight i turned the lights on and the left main beam was out...... but all the dash lights were working!! set off driving all the dash lights went out and so did the left side light. at this point i had stopped the car..... turned the lights off and back on all main beam and side lights ok but no dash lights....!!!

any ideas??
mondeo 2.5 v6 - Electrical Problems - bell boy
i assume you purchased private/auction so have saved the warranty price and therefore cant take it back?
has the car been just valeted and water/silicon has found its way into the switchgear/fuse box?
mondeo 2.5 v6 - Electrical Problems - cheddar
Are you sure you are not operating the dash dimmer wheel by accident when you turn the lights on and off?
yes im sure, also when i did get the dash lights to come on, the dash dimmer did actually work.

also i have noticed when i switch the lights on all the dash light attempt to come on. i can see a blink from all the dash lights
i have checked the fuse box and it all looks ok, the fuse for the console lights is ok.

private purchase so cant take it back.

mondeo 2.5 v6 - Electrical Problems - Statistical outlier
Private purchase how long ago? Was this fault mentioned? Did you sign something saying you were taking the car 'as seen'?

I'm no expert, but I don't think selling privately exempts you from pointing out faults rendering the car unroadworthy. Experts will be along to confirm or refute shortly.
mondeo 2.5 v6 - Electrical Problems - bell boy
i can only suggest that you give the headlight switch a dammed good widdling then and opossibly check as many earths as you can find,not the easiest car to work on
as regards taking it back to mr caveat emptor i think you might as well save your effort unless the guy is a saint
mondeo 2.5 v6 - Electrical Problems - LeePower
How old is this Mondeo?

I know some of the earlier ones around 1994 / 95 time had a re call for the headlight switch.