Misting windows - mini 30 owner
Any tips on the best way to deal/avoid this?
I've done what my manual says - "turn the blower on and aim air down the sides"

This is and old Passat estate - no air con, no blowers down the back

The manual doesn't say what temp to blow at and I can't experiment too much while driving as I can't see - esp out the rear side windows

any advice gratefully received

Misting windows - Dynamic Dave
I'm sure it's been previously mentioned on here to stick a bag of kitty litter under the front seat and it will help to extract the moisture out of the air.
Misting windows - Stuartli
Keep the inside glass as spotlessly clean as possible so condensation can't "stick" as readily and clears quicker.

Particularly applies to the windscreen as fumes etc come in through the vents and are deposited on the glass, building up a film.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Misting windows - Bromptonaut
Not much use away from home but first thing in the morning hot water over the glass, as for de-icing, drives off condensation pretty effectively.
Misting windows - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Sure the manual gives best advice. But however- shut off the centre vents, turn the side vents to the windows and point them at the misty bits. Press any demisting buttons, biase all flow to windscreen, turn temperature to max (hot air will carry away the moisture faster)and have blower on as high a speed as possible without deafening yourself. Also wipe any major condensation when safe to do so.
Keep inside of car as dry as possible and check there are no leaks from bulkhead area.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Misting windows - mini 30 owner
Cheers all - much appreciated

I'll hold off on the cat litter! See if I can get the combination of better window cleaning and hot blowers to work first.

Just my luck, I'd have the door open and some neighbourhood moggie would recognise the scent of her favourite brand - I wouldn't know until later - when a strange aroma began to circulate....
Misting windows - storme
if anyone was to put HOT water straight onto a windscreen when it is cold/frozen then they would crack it..

dont u remember your physics lessons from school
heat expansion/contraction etc

just pour cold water..then luke warm water. then hot water

but never hot straight away
--
www.storme.co.uk
Misting windows - Bromptonaut
if anyone was to put HOT water straight onto a windscreen
when it is cold/frozen then they would crack it..
dont u remember your physics lessons from school
heat expansion/contraction etc

We've had this debate before, I started out as a member of the Eeyore faction but have since softened somewhat. Boiling water on a screen at -5 is probably pushing it, but a jugfull at 50/60 degrees in usual UK conditions, poured carefully, is unlikely to cause a problem.
Misting windows - L'escargot
When not in use, keeping the car in a garage with the car windows open and having a dehumidifier going will help to minimise misting.
--
L\'escargot.
Misting windows - Dynamic Dave
When not in use, keeping the car in a garage with the car windows open ...

Wonder if mini 30 owner's next question will be how to get rid of spiders from inside his car ;o)