Ford RDS 7000 steering wheel stalk - psi
Hi all, I have just fitted an RDS 7000 in place of my old 5000, everything is hooked up ok (speakers, cd changer) using the standard connectors, but the steering wheel control stalk has a smaller socket on the rds 7000. does anyone know where i could get a connector to change it from the old long one to the newer small one? looked on fleabay and cant find anything, would ford sell it do you think?

cheers in advance
Ford RDS 7000 steering wheel stalk - cheddar
What car? The connectors changed when the C-Max was introduced, the Mondeo changed at the same time (Sep 2004) as did the Focus when the new model was introduced, look here:

caraudiosecurity.com/shop/subcategories/c_path/48_...l

and here:

www.alpine-europe.com/content/cms/index.php?t=302&...h
Ford RDS 7000 steering wheel stalk - psi
oops, the car is a '99 focus ghia. the standard car wiring from the stalk to the 5000 are all ok, so i took the stalk off and the wiring is clipped on to the stalk (there are also 2 more wires going to the radio side of things, i assume from the vehicle speed sensor and something else behind the dash). would it be easiest to buy the whole stalk loom from ford? (if they sell it?)
i thought the ford radios would be standardised fitting :(

cheers
Ford RDS 7000 steering wheel stalk - Quinny100
Sounds like the 7000 has come out of a Mk2 Mondeo which uses a different stalk setup to the Focus. I don't think Ford do an adaptor loom for the stalk.

The Mk1 Focus and Mk3 Mondeo (pre mid 2003 facelift) share the same radio fittings, including stalk.
Ford RDS 7000 steering wheel stalk - cheddar
The Mk1 Focus and Mk3 Mondeo (pre mid 2003 facelift) share
the same radio fittings, including stalk.

In fact as far as wiring is concerned it is up to Sep 2004, well into the face lift, i.e. IIRC a pre Sep 2004 column control will fit any 2000 on Mk III Mondeo and any 98 on Mk I Focus.