Toyota & Lexus Owner's Manual - Vincent de Marco
Hello everyone,

I'm in a need for a scan/photo of the very first page (foreword) of any Toyota's Owner Manual.
Need a proof for a friend of mine who simply cannot believe that a Lexus is made by Toyota.
Showed him a GS300 book, but to convince him 100% I think I'd need the above mentioned scan/photo.
Rumour is they were so lazy they've only exchanged the word "Toyota" with "Lexus" (the rest of the foreword being all the same).
Here's a GS300 foreword:

img490.imageshack.us/img490/5836/instr4us2.jpg

- - - - - - -
Free enterprise is the basis of western economy.
Would anyone please be so kind and send me a photo/scan of any Toyota's Owner Manual ?
My e-mail is: vincentdemarco@wp.pl

- - - - - - -
Toyota & Lexus Owner's Manual - psi
why not get your friend on t'internet and pop over to www.lexus.com/about/corporate/investor_relations.h...l

Quote:
Lexus is a division of Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. a wholly owned subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation.
Toyota & Lexus Owner's Manual - henry k
why not get your friend on t'internet and pop over to www.lexus.com/about/corporate/investor_relations.h...l

>>
or visit the UK site
www.lexus.co.uk/about_lexus/story_of_lexus.asp

"In 1987 a select group of Toyota engineers were assembled to work on a completely new project: to create the best luxury cars ever. The much-acclaimed LS 400, the result of their efforts, was the start of what Lexus calls its 'pursuit of perfection."
Toyota & Lexus Owner's Manual - Chicken Vindaloo
Vincent,

You have mail! Please let me know if it doesn't come through in one piece.

Best regards,
CV
Toyota & Lexus Owner's Manual - ffidrac {P}
No scanner but I can confirm that the page reads the same with very few minor changes as my '06 Toyota Yaris handbook.
Toyota & Lexus Owner's Manual - henry k
May I suggest your friend tries Google with "Toyota Lexus" and notes 1.5M hits

like news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3685052.stm

"Lexus challenges Toyota's hybrid hegemony "
"The latest challenger is built in-house, though, by Toyota Motor's luxury car subsidiary Lexus."

OK, thanks - nevertheless, I'd still appreciate the photo / scan.
In the meantime, here are some photos I've made showing some interesting stuff:

1) img207.imageshack.us/img207/5290/1qi1.jpg

2) img207.imageshack.us/img207/2640/engine2it5.jpg

3) img207.imageshack.us/img207/6308/gearleverrozjebag...g

4) img207.imageshack.us/img207/6428/klaksonal3.jpg

5) img175.imageshack.us/img175/1237/kluczeeo7.jpg

6) img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rearparktronikoj...g

7) img207.imageshack.us/img207/3411/uszczelllkasa1.jpg

The rest will follow soon...
It's a nice car, whisper quiet even at very high speeds, though a bit dissappointing at the same time in terms
of, well... I'd call it an "overall refinement" or "attention to detail". Germans do it better when it comes to fit & finish,
plus they forgot to add some little, but obvious touches. Touch the indicator-stick slightly but it won't flash 3 times for you just to indicate a lane change. Leave the lights on and you'll hear an intrusive loud beeeeep instead of calm "bom-bom-bom" sound. Yes, I know, I'm picky ;)
- - - - - - -
Toyota & Lexus Owner's Manual - Ruperts Trooper
Anyone who knows anything about cars knows that Lexus is just a brand created by Toyota.

I suppose that all petrolheads have friends who know absolutely nothing!
Toyota & Lexus Owner's Manual - Aprilia
This thread reminds me of an amusing incident that I witnessed whilst parked up by the harbour in Mallaig, Scotland, a couple of years ago.

It was (unusually) a very warm day and I was sat in the car with the windows down. Next to me was a Lexus with an wealthy-looking old buffer sitting in it - also with windows down. A little lad of about 10-11 years walks past with his dad - obviously interested in cars. What's that one then dad?, asks the lad in a very load voice. That's a Lexus, Peter, says dad. What's a Lexus, dad?, asks son. Dad answers, they're cars made in Korea..... then wanders off telling son where Korea is and all about the Korean car industry.....
Any reaction from that wealthy-looking oldie ?
- - - - - - -
Toyota & Lexus Owner's Manual - P3t3r
Here's a GS300 foreword:
img490.imageshack.us/img490/5836/instr4us2.jpg

Am I the first person to notice that at the bottom of that Lexus foreword it says "TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION"?
After nearly 4 days with the GS300 I can honestly tell you one thing: Germans do it better. Definitely...
- - - - - - -
Toyota & Lexus Owner's Manual - Sprice
Tell that to JD Power! :)
Toyota & Lexus Owner's Manual - type's'
>>After nearly 4 days with the GS300 I can honestly tell you one thing: Germans do it better. Definitely...<<
And that would be why in markets where reliability and customer service comes above badge appeal, Lexus can outsell the German brands every time.

What's Bad on a 5 series.
Looks are a bit of an acquired taste, but could grow on people. Comparatively poor 4 star NCAP crash safery rating and 1 star for pedestrian impact safety. 530i made comparatively poor showing against MB E320i and Jag S Type 3.0 in Autocar comparison test (issue 19-8-2003). Reports of I-Drive system malfunctions, which have lead to at least one successful rejection, but sorted by late 2003. Reports of faults with puncture warning system. Many problems with low profile runflat tyres giving poor ride and handling and losing pressure. Best to avoid big wheels, early 18" runflat tyres (new Bridgestone runflats much improved) and 'Active' steering. 163bhp 520d is least powerful in the range and though adequate feels like a big car with a small engine. One report of double turbo failure on 535d after 50k miles.

What's Bad on a A6.
Really a 4 + 1 as centre rear seat only really suitable for children. Only 1 star in NCAP pedestrian safety test. BIK efficient chain and gear cam 2.7 V6 Multitronic CVT not arriving until 2006. Reports of engine vibrations from 2.0TDI manuals after around 30,000 miles, apparently caused by "melted injector seals" from using the wrong fuel. Some readers have reported as little as 1,000 miles a litre of SLX oil (at £13 a litre) from the otherwise excellent 3.0 V6 TDI. Seemingly widespread problem with dual mass flywheels on A6 2.0TDIs which causes stalling. Fuel gauges suffers a fault of the needle stuck on empty when the tank is full (software upgrade required) and the parking brakes are intermittently not releasing, again requiring software upgrade.

What's Bad on a E Class.
Rear seat not as wide as previous E class and centre rear seat not comfortable. High number of electrical and electronic faults reported across the range, spoiling what would otherwise be one of the World's best cars. Strange "burping" noise reported by RHD E240 owner from Sensotronic brake unit, apparently due to the length of a hose in LHD to RHD conversion. Reports of leaking high pressure diesel pumps on 320CDIs. Fluid leaks onto cooling system pipes which then also need to be replaced. Tinkling sound which rises with revs on 320CDI is from ceramic matrix of catalytic converter. Also starting problems with 320CDIs. Can suffer battery drain down when left in airport carparks unless upgraded battery pack specified.

Whats bad on a GS300
Feedback welcome.

And you think the Germans do it better ? Wow !
They do it better when it comes to flexibility, well - sort of. Let's say I'd like an active suspension in my GS300. Sorry sir, comes as standard in GS430, but not as an optional extra in GS300. Naturally that's only my opinion. You can't have 4-zone climate control in any GS, but if you'd like to, you can in a E-class, for example.

- - - - - - -
Toyota & Lexus Owner's Manual - type's'
I think you are right wrt flexibility.
I think it is because the Japanese try and standardise as much as they can with product and manufacturing processes. This reduces variability and hence any opportunity for a defect to occur.

MB's biggest defect and reliability problems of late were all the options they offered that subsequently caused customer dis-satisfaction to the point where MB withdrew some of them and made the others standard.

Jap cars have always had shorter options lists, some people thought it was because they were inflexible or needed to put more into them to compete - to them it meant they could standardise everything and make it better everytime.

If it's your GS by the way I am totally envious.

Nah, it's not mine, I'm having it just for a few days...
No need to be envious though, there are much more comfortable cars around these days.
Sure, it's Japanese... so what ?

Don't buy it in silver:
img103.imageshack.us/img103/5087/outsidexw9.jpg

The dials look nice:
img414.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dialsng1.jpg

Some more Toyota:
img118.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fakox0.jpg
- - - - - - -
Toyota & Lexus Owner's Manual - jc2
Page 7-today's Telegraph. TOYOTA LEXUS
Toyota & Lexus Owner's Manual - CQ
The side windows on my LS 400 have Toyota etched into them.
Toyota & Lexus Owner's Manual - Chicken Vindaloo
"The side windows on my LS 400 have Toyota etched into them."

All the windows on my first IS had Toyota on them. The current one has Lexus on them all.
Details, details...

www.fotosik.pl/showFullSize.php?id=c1543b922a5df6a6
- - - - - - -