Honda HRV Rear Speaker Covers - storme
Hi all

can anyone tell me how i can remove the speaker covers??

ive looked at it and cant see anything obvious..i just dont want to yank it all tooo hard and damage any clips that i have failed to see
thx i n advance

ps.. its a bit poor that the reaer speakers are an "option"....

other than that,, it a fantastic car,,even compared to my E46 318ci
--
www.storme.co.uk
Honda HRV Rear Speaker Covers - grease monkey
storme.i seem to recall that the speaker covers are just clipped on & they should lift up at the side closest to the glass first,then release the other sides as it lifts up,you will have to grit your teeth & go for it ,just be as careful as you can without marking the plastic etc
--
if it aint broke don`t fix it
nope...not quite as easy as that..it just wont pull out

im an engineer so im pretty good at taking things apart..and this is more than just a few clips

there is obviously a set of screws somewhere that need undoing

i think i gotta take of the side panels :(
--
www.storme.co.uk
well storme ,if you can please post the model code of your hrv (gh1,gh2 etc) & the year i`ll have another look in the relevant manual for you !
--
Honda HRV Rear Speaker Covers - BB
Speaker covers are usually heatstaked on these days to cut down on assembly costs. If grease monkey comes back saying that they are heatstaked, then you will have to break the locations legs on the speaker cover and basically glue it back together again (bodge it!!)
1st off all,, thx for your help greasemonkey

here is some info directly from the reg doc

make/model honda hr-v vtec 4wd
variant e6*98/14*0068*04
version 2

hope this helps :)
--
www.storme.co.uk
hope this helps :)

wrong info im afraid storme,the model code is within the first 6-8 characters of your vin number found on the car or v5 logbook (gh1,gh2,gh3 etc) if you could look again i`ll check it out !!
--
hi

it is JHMGH47704S******

Hope this helps :)

--
www.storme.co.uk
hi
it is JHMGH47704S******

correct info storme, the shop manual shows the speaker cover is clipped on with no screw fixings at all,like i mentioned before you really have to grit your teeth & go for it,not a nice feeling i know .if by any chance you are going to fit the genuine speaker upgrade kit from honda it does come with full fitting instructions showing how to dismantle the trim.if that is your email in your profile i can send you the diagram from the shop manual if this would help ?
--
that would be Fantastic, and much appreciated

it is my email
and thx for all your help :)
--
www.storme.co.uk
anyone else got any ideas?? i still cant get them off ..and i loathe paying someone to do something that is essentially easy??!!
--
sometimes a little bit too much opinion....but its only because i care !!!