KIA advert crashes IE7 - pmh
The Kia Motors advert started consistently crashing IE7 this morning. (All ok when Nissan advert was displayed). Investigation showed I was running version 7 of Flash as an extension to IE7 and removing that and then installing latest version (9) cured all problems. May save some people some time.

You may like to move to Computer IHQ after this has been seen by a few people.

--

pmh (was peter)

KIA advert crashes IE7 - Clanger
Kia advert?

Nissan advert?

Oh, that'll be Firefox preserving the purity of the Backroom experience for me. :-)
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
I was a convert to Firefox (now v1.5.08)for sometime and still use it most of the time, however to allow me access to 2 BTYahoo webmail identities at the same time requires the use of 2 different Browsers running simultaneously. Certainly IE7 is a vast improvement on IE6.

Does the site get the benefit if adverts are requested and then blocked from display?
--

pmh (was peter)

KIA advert crashes IE7 - Dynamic Dave
pmh,

Can you drop HJ an email so he can report this to his advertisers.

DD.
KIA advert crashes IE7 - Baskerville
I was a convert to Firefox (now v1.5.08)for sometime and
still use it most of the time, however to allow me
access to 2 BTYahoo webmail identities at the same time requires
the use of 2 different Browsers running simultaneously.

That's weird. Can't the site handle having each identity in a separate tab?

P.S. You should upgrade to 2.0 you know.
KIA advert crashes IE7 - Dalglish
.. P.S. You should upgrade to 2.0 you know...

except that people who use the update feature on version 1.5.x.x. won't know of the update as they get told there is no update available ! (they got automatic updates from 1.5.0.7 to 1.5.0.8 some time after the version 2.0 was already released ! is there a release history page on mozilla's site? ).
KIA advert crashes IE7 - DP
Something on this site keeps crashing the Flash player in IE6 (work) as well. I would say 50% of the time, the site causes Explorer to die.

Firefox 2.0 (home) has no problems.

Cheers
DP
DP

The KIA advert that causes the problem appears abou 50% of the time. Probably the same problem! Get Flash updated.
--

pmh (was peter)

except that people who use the update feature on version 1.5.x.x. won't know of the update as they get told there is no update available ! (they got automatic updates from 1.5.0.7 to 1.5.0.8 some time after the version 2.0 was already released ! is there a release history page on mozilla's site? ).

This is the trap I fell into! I thought I was running v2 as it was fully updated!

When I go home I will update my machines. Any body any problems with V2????
--

pmh (was peter)

running version 7 of Flash as an extension to IE7 and removing that and then installing latest version (9)
cured all problems.

i think that upgrade was flagged up as essential/critical security advice issued a few weeks ago by adobe-flash as well as microsoft ?

KIA advert crashes IE7 - cheddar
No problems at all using IE6.0.29 with pop up blocker enabled.
KIA advert crashes IE7 - adverse camber
there is always Opera.
flagged up as essential/critical security advice issued a few weeks ago by adobe-flash

>>

see www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb06-11...l
Critical vulnerabilities have been identified in Flash Player 8.0.24.0 and earlier versions that could allow an attacker who successfully exploits these vulnerabilities to take control of the affected system. ...

and

www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms06-0...x
Vulnerabilities in Macromedia Flash Player from Adobe Could Allow Remote Code Execution (923789)