Upgrading to Climate Control- Focus Ghia - psi
Hi all, I have spotted this on a breakers: tinyurl.com/y6c9pj . it's basically electronic climate control, that fits in to the same dash fascia as the standard manual climate control: tinyurl.com/yyvdce

The question is: would this actually function just by replacing my current controls (A/C on, recirc, Heated Front/Rear screen, temp cold/hot, fan 1-4, fan position). I would assume that it plugs in to the same sockets where the current manual switches are?

thanks in advance
Upgrading to Climate Control- Focus Ghia - Collos25
I would assume there is a little more to it than that.
Upgrading to Climate Control- Focus Ghia - ajit
I would assume there is a little more to it than
that.

like sensors, transducers, interfaces with the ECU etc
Upgrading to Climate Control- Focus Ghia - Hamsafar
Most CC can't be easily retrofitted, due to the additional sensors, motorised flaps, and solar sensor usually near windscreen also being required.
Upgrading to Climate Control- Focus Ghia - honeybear
I dont think it would work as manufacturers charge upwards of £300 to upgrade on our Renault there is a sun sensor on the windscreen a temp sensor at the front and in other areas of the car and I suspect an ECU somewhere to run it all,we use ours all the time and would option it on our next car .
Upgrading to Climate Control- Focus Ghia - Ruperts Trooper
Is it any real trouble to adjust the temperature control yourself?
Upgrading to Climate Control- Focus Ghia - elekie&a/c doctor
Yes it can be done.You will need the complete heater/aircon dash unit,replacement main wiring harness and all the reqd sensors including the outside temp sensor and wiring.Also a re-programme of engine Ecu.Somehow I don't think it is worth it.!
Upgrading to Climate Control- Focus Ghia - psi
thanks for the advice all, back to the drawing board!
Upgrading to Climate Control- Focus Ghia - L'escargot
My previous Focus had aircon and my current has climate control. I much preferred the aircon because of it's manual control. The climate control has too much of a mind of its own. When you first turn it on (on fully automatic) you usually get maximum airflow whether you want it or not. And trying to get it back under control is a pain. And when it's not on fully automatic (and mine never is now I know what it's like) you have to press the airflow button repeatedly to adjust it. Tedious is the word.
--
L\'escargot.
Upgrading to Climate Control- Focus Ghia - v8man
Sounds grim L'escargot. The climate in my Passat works great. It only blasts if you switch to demist on the screen.
--
\"Nothing less than 8 cylinders will do\"