Honda Civic 1.4i 1998 Keyless Entry - Urban Spaceman
Hopefully, this is the last of the problems on this car.
The plipper does not want to work anymore. It is the 2 button type. Press the left button, and the Green LED flashes. Press the right button, and the Red LED flashes. And that is it. No further action from the car.
Checked the 7.5 Amp fuse associated with this circuit. It check out on a multimeter. The central locking works with the key in the drivers door.
Does anyone have any suggetions please?

Regards,

Urban
Honda Civic 1.4i 1998 Keyless Entry - Dynamic Dave
Maybe the plipper needs to be resyncronised to the car. See if any of the following can help.

www.collegehillshonda.com/artman/publish/article_3...l
www.honda-acura.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202634 (or one of the other sections of this forum )
Honda Civic 1.4i 1998 Keyless Entry - Clouddz
Hello, we have a civic of the same year and our remote fob has also stopped working. I presume yours is the the Valeo one which is infra red(one dimpled button) ?, On searching the net the only info I could find was that this system has a rolling code between the receiver and the fob and sometimes if you click the fob without being close to the car (ir fobs have very poor range) the code could move on in the fob without the code on the receiver changing therefore not matching and as far I know there is no way to reset the codes other than getting a new fob. This Valeo fob was fitted to the Rover 600 and they also suffered from sudden failure and I think dropping the fob may have caused mine to stop working although the fob button lights still work.

I have asked Honda and they said it was probably only the fob and that they could get a replacement but you would have to bring the car to the workshop to have the cars receiver scanned to get the correct code and they send it off to Valeo in France. Takes about a week and costs about £85ish.

Anyhow it?s not a guarantee that it'll work but it?s the best bet I think. Let me know how you get along.
Honda Civic 1.4i 1998 Keyless Entry - Urban Spaceman
My plipper is the 2 button type, and so far, I have tried the ideas outlined in the previous links. - all without success. Unfortunately, (and I think it was for the USA variant) my radio doesn't have the Valet button or the radio has been previously changed.
It looks like I will have to have a scrape around to Hondas place, and see what they suggest.
But in the mean time, if anyone else can suggest anything else, I am always grateful for suggestions.
Honda Civic 1.4i 1998 Keyless Entry - Falkirk Bairn
If your Honda is a 5 door (hatchback) the remote is a 2 button - Valeo (France) Previous links are to US /Japanese Manufacture.
Honda Civic 1.4i 1998 Keyless Entry - Brit_in_Germany
>if you click the fob without being close to the car (ir fobs have very poor range) the code could move on in the fob without the code on the receiver changing

AFAIK, with all rolling code systems, there is a simple procedure to perform to regain synchronisation (e.g. sending the code three times within a short time interval). If you think about it, the system must be able to work even if the button gets pressed accidentally or if another key is used.

BIG
Honda Civic 1.4i 1998 Keyless Entry - Clouddz
Any update on a solution to this Urban?