Zafira 2.0 DTI Turbo Cut Out - dorset06
My 52 registered Zafira 2.0DTI is giving engine management problems which the experts cannot solve.

The problem reveals itself in high speed cruising mainly. The warning light comes on intermittently. Sometimes, there is a loss of power when the turbo cuts out. Sometimes, the engine resets itself but on other occasions the ignition has to be turned on and off.

Initially, the problem was diagnosed as a faulty air flow meter but that has been replaced (twice). Computer diagnostics in the main dealership workshop indicate that all parts are operating correctly. When I drive up the dual carriageway the fault is still there.

Has anyone experienced the same problem and, if so, how was it cured?
Zafira 2.0 DTI Turbo Cut Out - Hughcam

I have had the same problem, tried all the fuel cleaning liquids, changed the oil regularly still have the problem, the only thing that sort of resets the system is to switch off and on again the ignition and the problem goes away for a time.

Would love to know how to fix the problem, Vauxhall Gargage has been no help at all.

Zafira 2.0 DTI Turbo Cut Out - madf

First , obvious and simple things to do which cost nothing and I assume any competent garage # would do:

check all hoses and pipes for cracks and splits VITAL Notorious for splitting. Especially near bends.

Remove EGR valve , check it is clean and working , if not clean it. Clean the plenum.And valve control actuator. Notorious for faults.

# Vauxhall garages ? Competent?

Zafira 2.0 DTI Turbo Cut Out - Micky-BO

The fact that your turbo spools up immediately tells me the vacuum to turbo is good and therefor vac lines & rubber elbows are ok. Either your turbo vanes are sticking at high speed a very common fault on these when you re-cycle the ignit's back to square 1 Another very very commom fault on these which causes the same symptions is the brake light switch I would strongly recommend you start by re-placing brake light switch Hth Regards Mickeybo