Firefox - mss1tw
Not a burning VW; does anyone have problems logging in using Firefox? I put in my username and password but just get redirected back to the login screen.
Firefox - AndyT
No problems here. Firefox version 1.5.0.7.
Firefox - 1066
i use 1.5.0.7 and no probs here aswell
Firefox - Clanger
i use 1.5.0.7 and no probs here aswell

me too

I've even got it to go and get my hotmail, tiscali and orange emails. Haven't used IE for weeks.
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
Firefox - Pugugly {P}
Firefox v.2 working well here.
Firefox - Altea Ego
dont worry a new version of Firefox will be along in just a minute,

and another after that

and another

------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Firefox - mss1tw
:^D Very good TVM.

1.5.0.7 here and just doesn't want to know.
Firefox - Stuartli
You are all out of date. Firefox 2.0 (Final Version) has been out for a week or more:

www.mozilla.com/en-US/

Improved layout tabs wise etc.

As for claiming that there's a new version every minute or so, that's cynical nonsense and you know it...:-)

There's a difference between a new version and a small update - unlike Internet Explorer which has to have critical security patches etc every second Tuesday in the month; even just released Internet Explorer7 has already had three important security updates....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Firefox - Stuartli
PS

New features listed at:

www.mozilla.com/en-US/press/mozilla-2006-10-24.html
Firefox - Chicken Vindaloo
Yes, I had the symptoms you mentioned mss1tw. I'm trying to post this via 1.5.0.7 so this may or may not work. It sometimes keeps going round in a log in, enter your post, log in, re-enter your post, log in, think oh I've got better things to do than this... routine.

It only does this on one PC (this one). All PCs here run the same O/S, the same AV stuff, the same firewall s/w. I'm gradually upgrading to Firefox 2, and I must admit I've not had any problems logging into here using that.
Firefox - bell boy
Go to the 'opera' young man, no problems there.
Firefox - GregSwain
Being a Linux user, my only 2 browsers are Opera and Firefox - each of them has certain sites they don't like, but that's hardly surprising when everything is optimised for IE. Get Opera, or K-meleon, or one of the other Mozilla-based browsers for the Windows OS (there's literally hundreds of the things).
Firefox - Hamsafar
Firefox 2.0 on the Mac OS is so buggy I have had to dispose of it out of disgust!
The older version was better.
Firefox - nortones2
What symptoms Ashok? It works OK on OSX 10.4.8 for me.
Firefox - Baskerville
I'm consoling myself with the knowledge that because of Microsoft's dedication to innovation and product development we don't have to hear about a new-ish version of IE for another 6 years. The people may be ready, but the software isn't.

FF2 working just fine here.
Firefox - Micky
Does anyone with a modicum of intelligence still use Bill's offering?
Firefox - bell boy
Not often ive shown it the gate.
Firefox - Altea Ego
Yes? me, aloing with every commercial enterprise on the planet. You see - it seems to work with every web site and you dont need to run two browsers for those sites that are "awkward" It seems thats what intelligence is all about.

------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Firefox - Micky
">Yes? me, aloing with every commercial enterprise on the planet.<"

The former possibly, please provide proof regarding the latter.

">for those sites that are "awkward"<"

Which "awkward" websites are these then? I must visit.
Firefox - mss1tw
Which "awkward" websites are these then? I must visit.

This one - works fine in IE6 and 7 on my machine. Firefox doesn't want to know.

Firefox - Micky
">Firefox doesn't want to know.<"
... odd. Have you installed it correctly? I post this via Firefox.

Ah, just a thought, but do you still run Windows? Yes, I know, very unlikely, but always worth checking.
Firefox - mss1tw
Ah, just a thought, but do you still run Windows? Yes,
I know, very unlikely, but always worth checking.

Course; Linux is a waste of time. Even uBuntu is a pain in the proverbial to get anything meaningful out of.
Firefox - Micky
">Linux is a waste of time.<"

Yes, there are occasions where Linux wastes my time and allows rubbish to appear on my PC. For example, I can read your contributions to HJs august message board ;-)
Firefox - mss1tw
Yes, there are occasions where Linux wastes my time and allows
rubbish to appear on my PC. For example, I can read
your contributions to HJs august message board ;-)

It's November. You fick or summingck?
Firefox - Micky
Ah, August and august. An IE user couldn't be expected to understand the difference.

">You fick or summingck?<"
Did you have a state education?
Firefox - mss1tw
Did you have a state education?

Education?
Firefox - Micky
">Education?<

Ah, you probably remember it as edukashun, does that help?
Firefox - Baskerville
Yes? me, aloing with every commercial enterprise on the planet.
You see - it seems to work with every web site

I have been dabbling in web development recently and have found that IE6 doesn't work well with CSS-based websites, which are much prettier in FF, Opera, Safari etc. It is especially broken in the areas of page widths and positioning. I am not skilled enough to be able to work around IE6's weirdness and don't care much anyway, since Windows Update will kill it. You may not have noticed the horribleness if IE is all you use. IE7 is better apparently, though still not right.
Firefox - PhilW
"does anyone still use Bill's offering?"

Yes, me

"with a modicum of intelligence"

Now you've got me
--
Phil
Firefox - Micky
">Now you've got me <"

What? Literally? But we barely know each other.
Firefox - Stuartli
I have yet to visit a website that Firefox doesn't reproduce in the form that I would expect from any browser, no matter what its source.
Firefox - BobbyG
I don't understand all this techno - speak, but i access this site through Internet Explorer and I have never had any problems. I do get a pop-up blocker that appears at the top of the site. I also don't have any fancy software running on the computer either (you will have guessed that!).

{Thread now locked as not connected to motoring discussion - DD}