front disks at 80% need replacing?? - wotspur
My wife's Scenic, just over 3 years old with 24k on the clock, the majority shortish journeys.
Goes in for a service, with squeaky brakes - result new front disks and brakes down to 80%.
Should they be safe for another year, or better safe than sorry and change them??
front disks at 80% need replacing?? - pmh
>>result new front disks and brakes down to 80%<<

This could mean almost anything! Can you be more specific.

A garage would not have changed front discs and left old pads.

--

pmh (was peter)

front disks at 80% need replacing?? - DP
A garage would not have changed front discs and left
old pads.

I agree. The other way around is fine, but not this.

Cheers
DP
front disks at 80% need replacing?? - bell boy
so discs and pads are 20% worn
i would possibly have the pads changed as you say lots of short journeys so pads may have hardened and glazing
set of pads £15? or with wires £22
fitting 45 minutes
job done squeek y gone
not a mouse is it? like the cat hiding in my transit
front disks at 80% need replacing?? - Dalglish
...This could mean almost anything! Can you be more specific. ..

isn't it frustrating when the o.p. is still posting on other threads yet does not bother to return to his own thread to answer queries and/or add to their post?

front disks at 80% need replacing?? - BobbyG
According to his profile, this thread was his last post, maybe you being a bit unfair?

Going back to the original question, if car has only been used around town on small journeys etc then the pads might be worn more that a motorway cruiser.

I just changed the pads on my Scenic, £40 for genuine Renault ones from the dealer and half an hour to do. SWMBO uses the Scenic mostly and it is for small journeys. Pads were probably more than 60% worn down.
front disks at 80% need replacing?? - Dalglish
According to his profile, this thread was his last post, maybe you being a bit unfair?

>>

oops, sorry about that, my mistake.
i was looking at falkirk bairn's post here : www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=46283&...f
where wotspur was the o.p. .
my comment was meant only to go on falkirk bairn's thread regarding distance selling regs.