online road works checker?? m25-heathrow - steveo3002
i need to figure how long i need to allow to get from cambridge M11 -M25 -heathrow at the end of november

is there any online sites that can advise of future /current roadworks?

i know usualy with regular m25 traffic it would take 1.5-2 hrs
online road works checker?? m25-heathrow - Statistical outlier
www.transportdirect.info will certainly take into account all current roadworks. Whether it knows about future plans I'm not sure.
online road works checker?? m25-heathrow - rjr
The Highways Agency website (www.traffic-england.com) can show you where and when future roadworks are planned.
online road works checker?? m25-heathrow - henry k
i need to figure how long i need to allow to
get from cambridge M11 -M25 -heathrow at the end of november

>>
I always use the Royston, Baldock (super new bypass) A1M M25 route.
online road works checker?? m25-heathrow - FP
If you trust yourself to find it or have satnav, I would suggest exiting the A1 just after the Hatfield tunnel on to what used to be called the North Orbital (A414) and follow signs to Hemel Hempstead. At the M10 roundabout follow signs to Watford and M25. Dual carriageway all the way. This route cuts off a big corner and can avoid some of the congestion. The only drawback is the number of roundabouts.
online road works checker?? m25-heathrow - DP
If you trust yourself to find it or have satnav, I
would suggest exiting the A1 just after the Hatfield tunnel on
to what used to be called the North Orbital (A414) and
follow signs to Hemel Hempstead. At the M10 roundabout follow signs
to Watford and M25. Dual carriageway all the way. This route
cuts off a big corner and can avoid some of the
congestion. The only drawback is the number of roundabouts.

You beat me to it!

This is an excellent time saver. A friend introduced me to it a couple of years ago and I use it all the time.

Brings you onto the M25 at Junction 21A (the M1 is Junction 21) and knocks an easy 8 miles off the "traditional" A1/M25 route.

The other good congestion beater if the M25 is busy is to come off at J17 (Maple Cross), and follow the A412 towards Denham. This eventually brings you out on the A40. Turn left towards Uxbridge, head under the A40 and pick up the A4020 into Uxbridge town centre. At the first big roundabout pick up signs for the A408, Stockley Park and Heathrow Airport. This will deposit you at J4 of the M4.

J16-15 on the M25 can be a nightmare, and this can save you half an hour.

Cheers
DP

Cheers
DP
online road works checker?? m25-heathrow - DP
Paragraph 3, end of line 2 should read, head under the M40. It's right at the first roundabout you come to after turning on to the A40 at Denham anyway.

And there's an echo on the signature. Sorry!