City Centre Charging - Dave Etchells
Have you seen the article in today's Mail on Sunday regarding the above? Even Sue Lawley mentioned it on the Frost prog. this morning when reviewing the papers.

Having read it and some of the detail regarding the time span mentioned for charging purposes, means I will be "lucky" enough to be at work already. What will that mean for me, busier roads at 05:30a.m. when I go to work, as everybody else realises it would be a legitimate way to avoid the charges? In which case the charging period may well cover 24 hours eventually. Or would I be charged 1/2 price on the way out, or as is probable, just get royally screwed like everybody else?
Re: City Centre Charging - Brian
As I understand, it the London scheme will only check numbers on the way in, so if you are in before they come on line you will be exempt.
Re: City Centre Charging - Dog Breath
No thats wrong. There will be cameras inside the ring as well as at the key entry points. Charging will apply all day so if you drive in early and then drive out in the afternoon you will still get charged.
Re: City Centre Charging - Brian
What is the proposed payment method in London. I haven't seen that laid down anywhere yet.
i.e. do will you have to pay at a booth, the day before, by phone/internet., will you be able to pay for a set period in advance, etc.? I am still not clear.