Audi A4 1.9 TDI problems - springbok

I have a 2003 (53 plate) Audi 1.9 TDI (100bhp) which has done 32,000 miles. All was well until about 2 months ago, when it suddenly cut out when travelling at approx. 30 mph. It was worrying because not only did I lose engine power, but I also lost the power steering along with the electrics. However, I had no problem re-starting and driving away. It was almost due for a service, so I took it to my local Audi dealer to do the service and investigate the problem. They could find no problem and could only advise me to let them know if it happened again. Two weeks later it did happen again, this time preceeded by a jerky loss of power followed by a sudden jolt while driving uphill. I took it back to the dealer and again they could find nothing wrong. Although it normally performs flawlessly, I have an uneasy feeling every time I take it out that the problem could arise again. I've heard that this problem is not unknown with the 1.9 105PS engine and that VAG don't have a solution. Has anyone had a similar problem and if so could they offer any advice? Thanks in anticipation.
Audi A4 1.9 TDI problems - El Hacko
someone who does know VAG engines very well is the excellent and knowledgable "chipper" Simon Coe at Upsolute (he has worked his magic on my A3 and my son's A4) - may be worth emailing him... [simon@ccctech.co.uk] .. for an opinion?
Audi A4 1.9 TDI problems - Roly93
I have the 130BHP version of this car, and I used to have a problem with excessively easy stalling when pulling away. No problem was ever found and the problem just went away never to return.