Headlamp prices - LHD vs RHD ? - chadr
I was looking up headlamp prices for a friend who has a current 5 series BMW (E39) on Euro Car Parts site and was puzzled to find that the left hand light assembley complete with indicator was listed at around £186 and the same assembley but for the right hand side was listed at around £227. Why the difference ? Other than the beam pattern and direction etc. shouldn't they both be the same?

On the same subject, does anyone know whether the post facelift E39 headlamps (the ones that look like illuminated pineapple rings) will fit the older versions without any modifications?

Thanks in advance.

Chad.R
Re: Headlamp prices - LHD vs RHD ? - Ian L
Chad

From the title and the text I get different impressions, do you mean that the Left hand light cluster is priced differently to the right hand light cluster or that left hand drive lights (as used in Europe) are priced differently to right hand drive lights (as used in the UK)?

Ian
Re: Headlamp prices - LHD vs RHD ? - mike harvey
I should think there could be a number of reasons. Possibly found a cheaper supplier of LHS, and some old RHS stock to sell first. Supply and demand, economies of scale, there maybe more repacement LHS sold than RHS, due to more nearside accidents in the UK, so the unit cost can be brought down. A mistake in the price list is a possibility.
Regards,
Mike
Re: Headlamp prices - LHD vs RHD ? - chadr
Sorry, I realised that the title may be misleading only after posting;

The query I have is regarding the considerable price difference between the nearside and offside headlamp units - around £40.

Chad.R