car valuation - adam f
could someone give me a valuation on two cars please. me and the missus are goona sell / part ex are cars and buy just one and i will use the van.
the reason i ask is that the usual car guide prices on the web seem to differ.

1997 hyundai coupe 2.0 litre SE
metallic blue
fsh

2002 "52" renault clio extreme 1.5 diesel
3 door
black
fsh

do i need to give anymore info?

thanks
car valuation - Dave E
Hello adam f,

Just noticed this languishing at the bottom of the screen with nary a response since you posted more than 24 hours ago. Which is astonishing really considering this is supposed to be a motoring related website. And is chock full of opinionated types. I am sure you would have got a response if you had criticised the car or perhaps even those that drive them, that is more in keeping with the content of this forum. But provide some sensible advice or info., here? Perish the thought.

Anyway, I know where you are coming from as regards valuations. My Mondeo is worth anywhere between £5k to £7k depending on what website/publication I consult. It really is a finger in the air job. Not much help I know. How much a car is worth is really down to how much you want to get rid of it. To be really honest the best valuation to go for is the lowest and anything else you get is a bonus.
car valuation - adverse camber
valuations ar ejust opinions and vary.

For trade in prices (and I think private are not much better) go to the vauxhall web site -> owners -> trade in valuation.
car valuation - Avant
What Car - right at the end - has a (usually) helpful list of PX values. It doesn't go far enough back for the '97 Hyundai, but I'd guess between £1k and £2k.

Unfortunately it lists the Clio Extreme only as a 53 registration - must be an error. 52-reg 1.5 Clios are quoted bwteen £3k and £4k: depends on whether it's a 65 or an 80 bhp. Mileage is a little on the high side so maybe nearer £3k.

If you're PXing - best only to PX the Clio and try to sell the Hyundai privately. Generally, the newer the car you're buying the better price you'll get.

One final thought - if the Hyundai is in good condition and you're fond of it, but you're offered peanuts for it, consider keeping it: it may not lose much more than it has already.