Timing belt cost Clio 1.2, 16v. - almac
Sorry for the lack of time to answer this but my son and I are going to look at a Clio tomorow for his first car. It is a 2002 1.2 16v with 50,000 miles. It is being sold to us at a good price as my son goes to school with the car dealers son.
Having just checked the C by C breakdown it appears that a timing belt change would probably be a good idea. The car dealer has his own garage facilities so he may offer to do it, or it may be best to keep the deal simple and have it done at a local independant.
Thanks in advance.
Alan.
Timing belt cost Clio 1.2, 16v. - cheddar
Get it done by Renault Minute, Renault fast fit, around £200 or less all in, warrantied work etc.
Timing belt cost Clio 1.2, 16v. - Altea Ego
*Get the water pump changed at the same time.* ( the pump either leaks or throws the belt) Wifes clio ( 6 years old 50k miles ) had it done recently. Belt, tensioner kit, water pump, & labour 230 quid at an independant.

Yes folks that a renault, 6 years old, 50k miles and its had a new seat belt switch as the only thing thats gone wrong.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Timing belt cost Clio 1.2, 16v. - cheddar
recently. Belt, tensioner kit, water pump, & labour 230 quid at
an independant.

Use Renault Minute, indy prices, Renault warranty.

Yes folks that a renault, 6 years old, 50k miles and
its had a new seat belt switch as the only thing
thats gone wrong.

Another one here, 1.6 RXE, 42k miles, only problem a slightly leaking power steering pressure switch.