The car you drive.. - ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond
I drive a Honda!!

Alfa
Passionate and romantic, you fancy yourself. A bit unreliable, and can be eccentric too. You hate BMW drivers, but think and act just like them.

Audi
You would like to believe you are part of the new generation that is caring, environmentally conscious and family-orientated. Actually quite boring; nothing more than a glorified wuss. Will one day probably drive a Merc, but you still sometimes wonder if you shouldn't have bought that Bee-Em.

BMW
Self-centred, ambitious, dynamic and assertive. Can be a big show-off pig. Likes impressing too. Buppies and kugels past sell-by date. You think you will be CEO one day. Actually an office weenie who thinks you are God's gift.

Daewoo
Faceless, subservient and demure (except for Matiz drivers). To you, a good deal is to work from nine to five, get nothing for it, and still say thank you. And then you wonder why you don't have money for a time after hours.

Ford
You still live in the 70's, trying to cope with the new millennium. A loyal, diligent worker, but baffled by office politics and labour policies. Next car will probably also be a Ford.

Holden
You are the ultimate on-road idiot. You think your 80s model Commodore is a V8 supercar, OR you think by owning a Barina you?re a true Holden fan. You?re either a redneck or a way-too-standard family parent ? but either way, you most likely drive like you?re the only person on the road. You?re even ignorant enough to argue that the new Commodore is better than the new Ford.

Honda
You aspire to drive a BMW. You are an opinionated pain-in-the-butt. The ultimate suffragette, or the boss's girlfriend (male or female!).

Isuzu
You like the smell of diesel and have secret fantasy of being a truck driver.

Hyundai /Kia
Quite progressive, intelligent and practical. But misguided. The kind of person who will suggest a sub-committee to find solutions to what the committee couldn't. You will always maintain that a Korean car is better than any Japanese model.

Jeep
You would like to believe you are living the American dream and just love the great outdoors. The closest you get to it is by watching Days of Our Lives and the Adventure Channel.

Land Rover
You are a designer person with a designer life, who always pays too much for everything. Designer mud comes free with the badge. You're a closet colonial racist and have fantasies about the Queen. If you have a Freelander, it was probably a break-up gift from your ex.

Mazda
A Ford driver with less money. Mostly staid boring with no image and less imagination. Lots of retired people drive Mazdas. You're in the way and should get off the road.

Mercedes-Benz
Responsible, immaculate and conservative. Boring CEO clones with too much money, or the office super-geek who can't remember what it's like to have fun. Definitely not dating material.

Nissan
Good, solid, responsible, loyal office-fodder. You like to travel and maintain that you can sell ice to the Eskimos. Favourite answer: "It's a company car."

Mitsubishi
Not as label-conscious as your Land Rover counterpart, but still suckered into believing in the ultimate Paris-to-Dakar, African adventure. You drive through puddles to create your own designer mud. You believe you've made the grade, but everyone else knows you've got a long way to go.

Peugeot
Thinks France is the best country in the world and bores everybody with your limited French knowledge and tales of the Louvre and the Sourbonne.

Porsche
Small penis or mid-life crisis.

Renault
An eccentric who likes doing things the wrong way around. Usually the one who asks all the silly questions at staff meetings. You fervently believe you have flair, but it's less than that of a French cookbook. Most probably gay.

Ssangyong
A make-believe fool, because you'd like a Pajero but can't afford it. Don't actually know that the engines are made in India and not in Germany.

Toyota
Although there are thousands of them, you mostly can?t spot them in their zero-image cars. Toyotas are good, reliable cars and are bought by a wide variety of people who have zero personality to go with their cars and are basically chicken-poo scared people who will never take chances and will therefore be driving Toyotas forever.
The most zero-image car in the world?, ... a white Corolla

Volkswagen
Highly overrated for dependability cars since the days of the Beetle, but they do have a good re-sale value. Usually practical, sensible people who like to drive fast where nobody can see them. They are usually loyal to their brand to the point of irritation due to the fact that they lost their virginity on a Beetle's back seat.

Volvo
As square and safe as the car

The car you drive.. - Adam {P}
>>, but baffled by office politics and labour policies<<

I think probably everybody is baffled by those!
The car you drive.. - PhilW
"Peugeot
Thinks France is the best country in the world and bores everybody with your limited French knowledge and tales of the Louvre and the Sourbonne."

Of course that wouldn't apply to Citroen drivers.
By the way, my limited French knowledge thinks that you have spelt Sorbonne incorrectly!! (sour grapes??) ;-)

--
Phil
The car you drive.. - No FM2R
I drive a Merc. I think its entirely accurate; although it did miss calm, shy and retiring off the description.
The car you drive.. - rover 75
What about me ? One at a time please.
The car you drive.. - Pugugly {P}
Yep me to a tee, but I'lll end up driving a Vauxhall.
The car you drive.. - jase1
Seen this before somewhere...

> Hyundai /Kia
> Quite progressive, intelligent and practical.

Quite?!?!?!

> But misguided. The kind of person who will suggest a sub-committee to find solutions to what the committee couldn't.

Pfft. I hate committees. Much prefer to do things my way.

> You will always maintain that a Korean car is better than any Japanese model.

Not a chance. Cheaper though!
The car you drive.. - Lud
Total load of carp in my case I must say.
The car you drive.. - jonno
As an Alfa driver, I must say it's spookily accurate. Apart from the BMW bit (my dad drives one, and I love him).
The car you drive.. - PoloGirl
Apart from one aspect... mine is entirely accurate.
The car you drive.. - Hugo {P}
"Land Rover
You are a designer person with a designer life, who always pays too much for everything. Designer mud comes free with the badge. You're a closet colonial racist and have fantasies about the Queen. If you have a Freelander, it was probably a break-up gift from your ex."

I assure you there is nothing designer about me. I am Tesco and Matalan man! People who know me say I am as tight as a chicken's whatsit, The badge on my K reg Disco is actually covered with mud, assuming it's not missing yet. I'm not old enough to remember the British Empire and finally the Queen couldn't be further from my mind, though I do now wish I hadn't read that bit!

I don't have a Freelander and certainly none of my exes were ever that generous - certainly not when we parted anyway!
The car you drive.. - Pugugly {P}
You are a designer person with a designer life, who always pays too much for everything. Designer mud comes free with the badge. You're a closet colonial racist and have fantasies about the Queen. If you have a Freelander, it was probably a break-up gift from your ex

Obviously written an US biased site, they'Ive never seen a stout yeoman of this blessed isle driving a proper Land Rover.
The car you drive.. - Clanger
Obviously written an US biased site

Or Australian. Why else would you find a reference to Holden and not Citroen? Or do they sell Holdens in the US? Preparing to be flamed ...
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
Not at all Hawkeye. Quite right. I was wondering where Skodas were, and I mean Skodas....
Renault -- most probably gay.

lol.

My dad wouldn't be best pleased about that remark!
The car you drive.. - IanJohnson
I would not have a BMW - Otherwise about right!
The car you drive.. - Xileno {P}
Renault
"An eccentric who likes doing things the wrong way around. "
Very true

"Usually the one who asks all the silly questions at staff meetings. "
Ask the difficult questions, certainly.

"You fervently believe you have flair, but it's less than that of a French cookbook."
Mais non

"Most probably gay."
Er, hmm. Well you never know.
The car you drive.. - Dalglish
The car you drive ...

>>

one early version of this (from february 2004) is at

eumsc.eusu.ed.ac.uk/mambo/components/minibb/index....p?

it has changed a little ( for example use of the word dick in the reference to porsche owners), but the mis-spelling of "sourbonne" is there in the original.

The car you drive.. - helicopter
As a Honda driver the profile is only partly true

I never would want a BMW.

Opinionated PITA - Yes, agreed .

Bosses Girlfriend does not apply because I am the Boss.
The car you drive.. - mike hannon
I have two Hondas - and most backroomers know already that I am therefore a doubly opinionated PITA.
But, hand on heart, I'll walk before I ever buy a BMW.
I guess that just means conceit stops me being a conformist.
I don't have a boss. But guess what, last time I did, he drove a company BMW - yawn...
The car you drive.. - Statistical outlier
I have a Honda, and yes, I'm opinionated (as some may have noticed).

I'd also consider a BMW, but only a 535d estate. Other than that, forget it, wouldn't want to have anything to do with the image.

Now an RS4 Avant in grey badged as a 2.0T....
The car you drive.. - R75
Yep, another 2 car Honda owner here, and many would say I fit the profile, but I would never part with my money and give it to BMW!! There also seems to be a recurring theme that those of us with Honda's do not have bosses and seem to work for oursleves!!!!
The car you drive.. - Another John H
Eariest I can find (Tuesday, November 18, 2003 YOUR AUTOMOTIVE HOROSCOPE) here

bussorah.blogspot.com/2003_11_01_bussorah_archive....l

and is Australian, as far as I can tell: Wicked Thoughts indeed.

It lost FIAT somewhere along the way, and the quote is as wrong as it's possible to get (for me, anyway).

"Cute self-confident girls climbing the corporate ladder"
The car you drive.. - blue_haddock
You are a designer person with a designer life, who always
pays too much for everything. Designer mud comes free with the
badge. You're a closet colonial racist and have fantasies about the
Queen. If you have a Freelander, it was probably a break-up
gift from your ex
Obviously written an US biased site, they'Ive never seen a stout
yeoman of this blessed isle driving a proper Land Rover.

>>

As most landie drivers in this country wear hand knitted jumpers, have beards and are called Bob!
The car you drive.. - turbo11
As a Mazda driver.you couldn't be more wrong.As for BMW driver-whats Buppies and kugels??
The car you drive.. - tunacat
Deceptively spacious, the back seat of a Beetle, innit?

The car you drive.. - SteVee
>>whats Buppies and kugels??<<

A Bupy is a Black Urbam Professional
A kugel is - apparently - a baked casserole resembling a soufflé or pudding (from Jewish Cookery)

puzzling, very puzzling.
But then I'm only a lowly Mazda driver.
The car you drive.. - Tomo
Toyota............

"bought by a wide variety of people who have zero personality to go with their cars and are basically chicken-poo scared people who will never take chances"

Yup, we Supra Turbo drivers are like that!
The car you drive.. - Roly93
Audi : let me re-write this gross mis-assumption

Studious, quality conscious, understated and unwilling to buy that beemer due to the hair-gel using sales-rep image, and unwilling to buy into the Mercedes quality myth, and unwilling to accept compromise.
unwilling to buy that beemer due
to the hair-gel using sales-rep image

So still image-obsessed then. Glad we have that one straightened out ;)
The car you drive.. - Roly93
Porsche
Small penis or mid-life crisis.

I've been slagged off by the forum moderators for far less than this.
The car you drive.. - Sofa Spud
I don't know! How does my driving a VW now square with my previous car, which was a Land Rover 90?

Have I had a personality change?

What about all those people to whom a car is a just a means of getting from A to B?
I've been slagged off by the forum moderators for far less
than this.

Me too roly. And what a load of male chicken!

Have Daewoo drivers got massive great phalluses then? Eh?