Vauxall Astra van blower fan has stopped - berserker
My heater has stopped working, i think the problem is the resistor ? .How do I change it and what tools do I need. hope sombody can help... Cheers Berserker

{Subject header changed to give more details of problem - DD}
Vauxall Astra van 1700td r reg mk3 - Dynamic Dave
My heater has stopped working, i think the problem is the resistor ?

Are you actually referring to the blower motor? If so, and it's only working on the highest speed setting, then yes, it's more than likely the resistor pack. If it's not working at all, then it could be one of several things.

More clarification of the problem please.
Vauxall Astra van 1700td r reg mk3 - berserker
Thre blower has stopped working all together now although it was working intermitntly untill recently. Can anyone advise me how to remove the old resistor from the unit and what tools are required for its removal and replacement cheers Berserker....
Before it stopped working altogether, was only the fastest speed working? If so, then yes, the resistor, if not, then it could be the speed selector switch in the dash.
Vauxall Astra van 1700td r reg mk3 - berserker
Prety certain its the resistor thats packed up. How do I remove the old one and fit a new one. Is it accessable from under the bonnet/ if so what tools will i need fro the job
berserker.
Is it accessable from under the bonnet....

It depends where the blower motor is situated. If it is below the windscreen, under the plastic cowling, then yes, but if it's up behind the dashboard, then most probably will need to be accessed with the glovebox removed. I can't recall right now in which area it's situated, but hopefully someone with that info will be along shortly.

On a separate note, I would be grateful if you could stop pressing the "Quote original message" button after replying with your notes. I have edited the postings so far where you have done so, but it is starting to get a bit tedious. Please see www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=42612 for posting guidance. Many thanks. DD.
TD astra mk 3 resistor - berserker
The fan motor is under a plastic cover on my van,the resisror has probebly packed in. How do i remove and replace the resistor with the plastic cover removed, and do i need any special tools ???