Fuse for Central Locking on a Ford Focus - tom burke
I have a 1999 1.4 Ford Focus Zetec. I do not have remote central locking but there is central locking with the key. The central locking function comes and goes and is currently inactive and I have to manually lock each door. I suspected that it may have something to do with the fuse, however, when I went to check the fuse, fuse number 63 according to the manual, I found that the fuses in both the main and auxiliary fuse boxes only go up to number 64!

Am I missing something here?

Tom.
Re: Fuse for Central Locking on a Ford Focus - Brian
Can you check your numbers, since you say the fuses go to 64 and you are looking for 63 !
Re: Fuse for Central Locking on a Ford Focus - Alwyn
Look elsewhere for the problem. A fuse either passes current or it does not. No half measures. Unless it is not properly seated of course.
Re: Fuse for Central Locking on a Ford Focus - Mike H
Could be a loose or broken wire to the switch, or as Alwyn said a badly located fuse. It is possible that if you don't have remote locking that there is no motor in the drivers door, but there will still be a switch that activates the motors in the other doors. I would start with the fuse |(easy) then strip down drivers door to check connections (probably not as easy!!). You will certainly find unexpected screws holding the panel on if you try it yourself - e.g. behind door handle trims. I have spent a few Sundays stripping mine down to find a fault but on a totally different car, hence be prepared for undoing all the visible screws & then finding it still won't come off!
Re: Fuse for Central Locking on a Ford Focus - Andy P
Does the central locking work with the key? You say you have to manually lock each door, which would appear to indicate that the sensor on the driver's door which activates the central locking is faulty. If you have a door lock on the front passenger door, see if that activates the central locking.

Andy
Re: Fuse for Central Locking on a Ford Focus - Mahatma Coate
There are two fuse boxes on a Focus, one under the bonnet and the other behind the glove box. Sad the things you remember eh?