Idling issue - Kymco CK125 motorcycle - Greg R
I have a Kymco CK125 motorcycle, and the revs seem to rev all over the place between 1900 and 3000 rpm once warmed up.

What might be causing this? The mileage is only 10,000 miles, and it is a 2005 bike

Greg
Idling issue - Kymco CK125 motorcycle - AndyT
Not enough free play in the throttle cable? Sticking carb slide? Air leak between carb and head?

Is it still under warranty?

Still under warranty. I am going to change the plug and see if that works. Maybe it is a bad gap. Otherwise I need to take a day off work to get it done - nearest dealership is miles away!

There are no starting issues, so probably the plug?

Idling issue - Kymco CK125 motorcycle - cheddar
Not being able to sustain an idle could be the plug though not revving instead of idling as you describe, if warrantied take it to the dealer.
Idling issue - Kymco CK125 motorcycle - jc2
Very unlikely to be the plug.
Idling issue - Kymco CK125 motorcycle - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Major carb. problem I'd say. Apart from the above, could be sticky choke flap, loose/damage carb needle or jet.
Maybe even the air cleaner is obstructed or has someone stuck something up the exhaust pipe?
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
The new plug seems to have made it better. But it still revs around a bit, but a lot better as I said.
Maybe it is just a dirty carb, that needs cleaning. I'm going to try and get this sorted by the month, as the plug seems ok so it doesn't seem like it is the mixture!
Idling issue - Kymco CK125 motorcycle - ssray
at the bottom of the carb you should have a small brass drain screw-turn your petrol tap to the off postion undo the drain screw-when the petrol has stopped tap the carb with something not too hard and turn on the petrol when it starts to flow from the bottom of the carb do the brass screw up again, this should help get rid of any small bits in your carb and usually helps a bit. ray
There are two screws underneath the carb. I think I will try both of them...can't tell which one is the brass one though?
Idling issue - Kymco CK125 motorcycle - ssray
may not be brass on your model,it should screw out and then fuel will flow before you remove screw(saves losing it), Ray
Idling issue - Kymco CK125 motorcycle - Dynamic Dave
There are two screws underneath the carb. I think I will try both of them...

Be very careful. One of them could well be the mixture screw. Turning it could lean off or richen the fuel / air mixture.
Idling issue - Kymco CK125 motorcycle - Pete M
The drain screw will be tightly done up, the mixture will be loose (easily turnable). Try and turn them gently. The drain one usually has a large brass head with a slot. The mixture screw should have a spring around it and be smaller.
I showed this problem to the garage and they think too much air is leaking in somewhere...a split hose or something like that. Otherwise, I am guesing it is a faulty auto choke. I will need to take it to my dealer...more hassle as the ones in london don't like warranty jobs which isn't veyr good is it?