Golf V5 mk4 vibration and juddering - singh
I have a Mkiv golf V5 auto engine code AGZ which is suffering from poor idling and hesitation.
I took it to a garage and it kicked up a number of faults - throttle body short to ground, mixture problems, and ecu defect. I was told to change the throttle body and that would cure it all.
After changing the throttle body, the fault was not rectified so i took it to another garage to get the codes cleared, and now the ecu reads no codes however.. the car is still juddering and shaking a lot while stationary and also while taking off.
There is a smell of burning oil from the exhaust and also a lot of fluid (not sure what) is dripping from the exhaust.

I am no car expert but just wish to get down to the bottom of this.

Any help appreciated!
Golf V5 mk4 vibration and juddering - Collos25
If your description is correct sounds awfully like a cylinder head problem.
could it possibly be spark plugs or lambda sensor or maf? I really have no idea at all.. a cylinder problem would mean scrap engine? :(
Golf V5 mk4 vibration and juddering - Civic8
>>There is a smell of burning oil from the exhaust and also a lot of fluid (not sure what) is dripping from the exhaust

Probably coolant,sounds like head gasket gone
--
Steve
its not too much fluid from the exhaust but its in the gases as when it hits the tar it liquifies - the mechanic is saying 99% its the spark leads... could it be?
Golf V5 mk4 vibration and juddering - spikeyhead {p}
diconnect the lambda sensor and see if it improves
--
I read often, only post occasionally
Golf V5 mk4 vibration and juddering - Topbidder
I had problems with my 2001 V5 on idling and misfiring - it was the coil packs on top of the spark plugs - They are renowned for failure on 99 - 02 VAG Vehicles and VW will honour them under warranty as i had them all changed FOC - The car smelt bad as fuel was being pushed thru the exhaust and cat - Hope that helps