Cubed cars - Xileno {P}
What happens to scrapped cars once they're been cubed?
Cubed cars - bell boy
off to china me lad
Cubed cars - Pugugly {P}
for recycling into Rovers.
Cubed cars - Xileno {P}
How do they separate all the metal out (which is usable) from the plastic and rubber which is useless?
Cubed cars - bell boy
theoretically the car goes in the top of a big machine (the shell minus engine/ gearbox) and as it gets shaken the bits get seperated as it goes through the process (in theory)
In practise the shell gets cubed and it all comes out right in the big smelting tub
Cubed cars - Hamsafar
Due to waste laws, I think most materials are seperated and the steel is cubes, the few bits of trim and paint left just vapourise in the foundary.
Cubed cars - Pugugly {P}
That another question that's bugged me for years ! I must get out more.
Cubed cars - Sprice
I once worked at a foundry (the lab side of things) that made manhole covers, and a lot of scrap (40% ish, mostly from cars, except stainless steel/chrome bits as makes product too brittle ) goes into a shiny new manhole cover!
Cubed cars - Dynamic Dave
How do they separate all the metal out (which is usable) from the plastic and rubber which is useless?

In the case of the Swindon recyling place (can't remember it's name, but it was shown on a satellite channel showing rags to riches) they employ people to drain all the fluids, strip off all the trim, plastic bumpers and the like before it goes into the cube crusher.

Ask Honest John

Value my car