Corsa losing power. - Petel
Sister has a manual Corsa 1.2 MPI just over a year old. She says that she is noticing a marked reduction in power now, from when the car was new. On a local hill, she now has to go down to a lower gear to climb it, than was the case before. Everything else works as it should, though the engine sounds a little more " lumpy " than it did. Does anyone know of a problem with the 1.2MPI which would create a problem such as this within the first year?
Thank you.
Corsa losing power. - John S
Just over a year old? Could be many things. Don't play about with it though. Talk to the Vx dealer - that's what the warranty is for, surely?

JS
Corsa losing power. - Victorbox
What does "MPI" stand for?

If it is just a year old it will probably need to go to a Vauxhall dealer for a new timimg chain & sealing of the faulty ABS wiring against damp getting in. Why not let them check the car under warranty at the same time. Are you running it on the 2 year / 20,000 mile service interval? If so, this is too long an interval between checking in my opinion & it may need some adjustment.
Corsa losing power. - Dynamic Dave
What does "MPI" stand for?

Multi Point Injection I believe.
"Multi Point Injection I believe."

Gosh! I thought it was a new model like Club, Life or Sxi !!
Thank you all for the replies. Can anyone please confirm if timing chains are a problem with this model and has it been known to happen within the first year ? Sister says that when she first got the car, it seemed more clattery that her previous one ( a Suzuki ) but that the level of clattering has not increased in the year that she has had the Corsa. Confirmation of any other possible problems/failure items on this engine would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
1 litre & 1.2 litre Corsa's built after about 2003 are subject of a ongoing Vauxhall recall due to some having faulty timing chains. Rectification is obviously at Vauxhall's expense. Any VX dealer will have the engine/chassis numbers of the affected cars. Also all Corsa's with ABS are being recalled due to damp possibly getting into the ABS wiring. When our Corsa was MOT 'd last week my dealer automatically checked to see if it was one of the affected cars - which thankfully it wasn't. They were however fixing the ABS wiring on two Corsas that morning.
My thanks to Victorbox for the confirmation about the timing chains, also re the ABS wiring.
Could anyone please advise if there is an aftermarket conversion kit available, to change from timing chain to cambelt on this engine?
Thank you.
"if there is an aftermarket conversion kit available"

The answer is almost certainly no. My question would be, why would you want to do this?
Apart from the batch of faulty timing chains that Vauxhall is replacing, the timing chain (with proper oil changes) should last the life of the engine. Normally these engines are pretty reliable. With a cambelt you are looking at a £150 to £200 bill every 40,000 miles to replace it. As the car ages each subsequent owner puts off this large bill until one day the engine goes bang.
Many people specifically ask on this site if a particular engine has a timing chain over a cambelt.
Thank you again, much appreciated.