excessive wear on tyres - Westpig
i mentioned to one of my neighbours 10 - 11 months ago, that she had a couple of Dunlop Kojaks on the back of her car ( 1994 ish BMW 320 coupe auto)......as one of them was down to the canvas......and being rear wheel drive i thought she might have an 'interesting moment' on a wet roundabout.

within the week she had replaced all four.........didn't bother looking at the make, but flash alloy wheels and low profiles.

i've just noticed again, that the rear near side is virtually bald and the other rear one is pretty bad, (fronts look fine).

The car is often outside the house and doesn't disappear for long, so i'm not convinced it does high mileage.

Even if they were 'el cheapos' doesn't that sound a bit quick to wear out a tyre completely. Front wheel drive maybe more likely, but on the back of a 320i ? it's not exacly gut thrustingly quick on the acceleration is it and she doesn't look like the average 'drifter'.
excessive wear on tyres - Armitage Shanks {p}
Maybe the make is relevant, the tests that have been done seem to suggest wide variation in tread life. I have a non road-rocket 110 bhp 307 and I replaced the fron tyres at 22K and the rears at 26K. They weren't illegal but were getting close to the wear indicators. My partner had some cheapies on a Rover 218 and the saving in cost was reflected in the very short mileage for which they lasted ie not good value for money.
excessive wear on tyres - jonno
i've just noticed again, that the rear near side is virtually
bald and the other rear one is pretty bad, (fronts look
fine).

Worn out bushes? Worth checking...
would worn bushes do that?....... I'm afraid i'm technically illiterate
excessive wear on tyres - Armitage Shanks {p}
Well yes it could. Worn bushes can/could give the same effect as bad tracking or incorrect wheel alignment.
excessive wear on tyres - Aprilia
Definitely wear in the rear suspension bushes, or misalignment due to impact damage.
Obliged...... She's quite a pleasant lady so i'll drop it into the conversation at some point.
excessive wear on tyres - Bill Payer
Obliged...... She's quite a pleasant lady so i'll drop it into
the conversation at some point.

What, you're going to ask her about her bush....