VAG 2.0 FSI - Is it worth using Super? - IanJohnson
About to take delivery of an Eos 2.0 FSi. Is it worth using Super unleaded in it or are they quite happy on standard unleaded?
VAG 2.0 FSI - Is it worth using Super? - cheddar
Go by manufacturer's advice though FSIs should use 98ron u/l IIRC.
VAG 2.0 FSI - Is it worth using Super? - DP
I seem to recall a test in one of the car mags on the first Audi A3 FSI which said you only get the performance and economy benefits on 98RON, although it will run on 95.

Cheers
DP
VAG 2.0 FSI - Is it worth using Super? - rtj70
Someone who wrote in to HJ's Saturday Telegraph column about a 1.6FSI Bora was complaining about poor running. Garage in the end told them that's a characteristic of the engine, hence the letter to HJ.

HJ pointed out that the FSI engines need very low sulphur petrol to run properly. And normal 95RON has too much sulphur hence the requirement to use 98RON. I don't think the car needs to extra octane rating it's just that the 98RON is low sulphur.
VAG 2.0 FSI - Is it worth using Super? - Stuartli
This link was recently posted:

www.greenergy.com/products/99_octane.html

Just started using it out of curiosity in my 1.6 16v Bora (as it's now down to 88.9p a litre!) and there's definitely more in-gears punch.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
VAG 2.0 FSI - Is it worth using Super? - IanJohnson
Will try it and see how it goes - will only do around 8k a year so additional cost not too great.

Strange that Tesco do not sell 99 octane anywhere near us (South Staffordshire) - looks like Chesterfielld or Coventry are the nearest - both around 30 - 40 miles away!

Ask Honest John

Value my car