The 300C is rubbish ... - Micky
... says Germy Klaxon

tinyurl.com/zfcmc {Copy/paste this link, and add http:// to the front of it to view - DD}

I concur. Although the photo accompanying the online article doesn't actually appear to be a 300C; a minor point and - whatever it is - it's equally hideous. Journo licence perhaps? Or shurley shome mishtake?
The 300C is rubbish ... - Pugugly {P}
JC's preamble is so unconnected with motoring (and so long) it would never have been allowed in this site ! However not having driven a 300C and given the widespread positive reviews eleswhere, I'd prefer to drive one myself before offering an opinion.
The 300C is rubbish ... - Honestjohn
At least the newspaper ran the right picture.

I have a photo of a rumoured new business interest of JC.

How can I link to it?

(Cannot do big pix on this site and I closed m y other sites.)

HJ
The 300C is rubbish ... - Quinny100
Right click on the image, select Properties and copy and paste the Address line from the box that pops up.
Sorry to be difficult Quinny, no right click on a Mac Mouse. Is there a Mac way.

HJ
The 300C is rubbish ... - PoloGirl
Upload it to the MSN group site and link to it?

Many thanks PG. I'd forgotten all about that, but I've done it.

"Following the suspension of Top Gear, JC is rumoured to be devoting more time to a business venture in Thailand."

groups.msn.com/honestjohn/topgearhere.msnw?action=...1

HJ
The 300C is rubbish ... - Bagpuss
Hi HJ

If you're using Safari on the Mac, try the following:

1. Open a second browser window (File->New Window).

2. Click on the photo in the first browser window and drag it into the address bar of the second browser window. The URL of the photo will appear in the address bar and you can cut and paste it into a message.

The 300C is rubbish ... - mike hannon
Just returned from north-east France, Luxembourg and Germany. I've seen more 300Cs over there than anywhere, couple of estates, too. I still think they have terrific presence - but the wheels are too big. Makes them look like something lesser, tarted up.
The 300C is rubbish ... - Murphy The Cat
Hey, it's a free world and we're all entitled to an opinion.

I absolutely adore my 300C (which won't be a surprise to anyone), but so does every 300C owner that I know (via the 300C forum).

It would be awful dull if we all thought the same !

MTC
The 300C is rubbish ... - Armitage Shanks {p}
MTC But you DO all think the same - read what you have written!
MTC But you DO all think the same - read
what you have written!

Ahhh, but we're the enlightened ones !! Plus, Chrysler puts something into the Climate Control that brainwashes us, and clones our thoughts.
MTC
The 300C is rubbish ... - Altea Ego
Hence the 300 C
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
The 300C is rubbish ... - Armitage Shanks {p}
Score 30 all. MTC to serve!
The 300C is rubbish ... - Vansboy
Apart from the limited body colour choice (no yellow for real street presence, or burgandy, to be smarter than silver or black),or the fact you MUST have dead animal skin upholstry, where a quality fabric would be better, if I was a drug dealer, I'd have one instead of the standard issue black Range Rover!!

Now we've moved back to Luton, I feel oh so sorry for our local criminal population, having such a narrow minded view of their choice of transport

Gleaming new Black Range Rover, just going by now & another & another & another ...

VB
The 300C is rubbish ... - audiaudi
When we went to Florida/Miami last year, we hired the new Jeep, Grand Cherokee (The are appeared here a few months ago) The build quality was rubbish, you couls see light seeping through the dashboard jointsd, but cars sent to the uk are better built I've been told.

I diagress, When me and my son saw the first 300C parked on the drive of the gated property we lived in, we all thought that we should have rented that car. Then we saw others, and most were that creamy colour with the neavily tinted glass which is the norm in Florida for most. We nust have seen about 50 for the three weeks we were there - all but 2/3 were the creamy clolur which looked really nice. The others were silver.

Last week at a wedding in Birminham/Edbaston, the groom arrived in a hired Bently sport, but the 300C limo looked a lot better. I got a chance to talk to the guy who had the car imported as a standard 300c and had driven it for a month and he thought it was the best car he'd ever driven

As a limo - it looked 10,000 times better than the usual american limos and I'm not sure what car they are built around.
The 300C is rubbish ... - Altea Ego
Your criminal underclass have, well no class.

Ours are in Cadilac Escalades, 300C's, Range Rover sports and S class's.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
The 300C is rubbish ... - Micky
">300C owner that I know (via the 300C forum).<"

There is a 300C forum? Has anyone told the inhabitants within your forum that Klaxon has given his final, expert judgement on Chrysler's corpulent monstrosity?
The 300C is rubbish ... - Baskerville
Sorry to be difficult Quinny, no right click on a Mac
Mouse. Is there a Mac way.
HJ

Apple-click. But why don't you get a two button mouse for five quid? They work on Macs just fine.
Thanks Bagpuss and Baskerville, but as you can see above, Pologirl's suggestion solved the problem.

Probably time to revive the MSN photosite. It seems to have sat there for years not being used very much.

HJ
The 300C is rubbish ... - Collos25
JC's preamble is so unconnected with motoring (and so long) it would never have been allowed in this site ! However not having driven a 300C and given the widespread positive reviews eleswhere, I'd prefer to drive one myself before offering an opinion.

Just even look at one lowers your social standing to that of a P...P.
The 300C is rubbish ... - madf
I don't think a 300c is rubbish.
It so clealry marks out the drivers as chavs that it is a monument to a well chosen car:-)
madf
I don't think a 300c is rubbish.
It so clealry marks out the drivers as chavs that it
is a monument to a well chosen car:-)
madf

tut tut tut

I can't speak for all 300C owners in the UK, but for the ones that I've met, the only coomon thread is that they are all owners who have bought the cars out of their own money, they're all family people and they're all very happy with their purchase. I've had to look up what Chav means, & from the people that I've met (including me of course, it's miles away from the truth).

On the 300C forum that I visit, the average owners age is around the 40 mark.

MTC
>MTC

It was - admittedly not very good - but a joke...

As far as I am concerned it's just a large car which would be undriveable on our local country roads as too big and too wide like many 4x4s and SUVs - so totally pointless and impractical in the UK imo...

As for parking it in muli storey car parks....
madf
It was - admittedly not very good - but a joke...
As far as I am concerned it's just a large car
which would be undriveable on our local country roads as
too big and too wide like many 4x4s and SUVs
- so totally pointless and impractical in the UK imo...
As for parking it in muli storey car parks....
madf

cheers Madf

with the HJ site not having smileys, sometimes the proper inflection on posts doesn't come through. I know taht my superb sense of humour doesn't always hit the mark. Thankfully, I've got my good looks to fall back on:).

As regards, country lanes, I live in the Lake District and it's never been a problem for me. Likewise, most multi storeys are OK, but ones owned by (usually) NCP are a wee bit on the tight side - on the twisty exit / entry ramps. Thankfully, cities and NCP multi stories are things that i don't often have to visit.

MTC
The 300C is rubbish ... - Adam {P}
I'm detecting a lot of jealousy in this thread!

I'd have a 300C in a shot. Who cares what others thing - they look cool!
The 300C is rubbish ... - stevied
I think they're ace. If I wasn't tied to VAG prods via work, I'd buy one.

>MTC
You're lucky you have good looks:-)

Well yesterday I was driving in darkest Staffordshire and on roads where a large 4x4 (BMW X5) could not pass a Yaris...
madf
Hi madf

where i live, the Yaris's tend to be driven by coffin dodgers, and they drive them as though they are the size of Transits !

p.s. Arnie would have driven over the Yaris.

p.p.s compared to Arnie, X5's are little cars (except for height !! ROFLPMSL)
MTC
>MTC
"p.p.s compared to Arnie, X5's are little cars (except for height !! ROFLPMSL)"

Thanks for proving my point:-))

I find a yaris fun to drive and surprise many people how quickly it can accelerate especially on motorway slip roads..
madf
surprise many people
how quickly it can accelerate especially on motorway slip roads..
madf

Surprise who ? people that think that 50 mph is going to quickly on a slip road ?????? :)

MTC
The 300C is rubbish ... - Nsar
Murphy, it's OK you know....

Just because you drive a car that some find controversial is not the same as someone saying your wife is ugly. You don't have to come roaring out of your kennel every time!
Murphy, it's OK you know....

You
don't have to come roaring out of your kennel every time!

I really wish that i could put smileys on my posts so that people know when I'm pulling their leg. (Or that I know when mine is being pulled :)

MTC
The 300C is rubbish ... - Nsar
Mods - don't weaken....the presence of clickable emoticons is the one sure sign of a truly, truly awful forum.

{Having been down that route and posted a couple myself (by abuse of my mod buttons), I already know the views of members, regarding emoticons.

I can assure you that this will remain an emoticon free site.

DD.}

The 300C is rubbish ... - Lud
Skype has a wide selection including one vomiting green vomit. Fun for two minutes but not useful in the long run.
The 300C is rubbish ... - tyro
Mods - don't weaken....the presence of clickable emoticons is the one
sure sign of a truly, truly awful forum.

I'll second that

(Not that I thought that our wise and discerning mods would ever have considered going down that route)

Fair enough folks. I appreciate that I may be in the minority on the smiley front.

But I also use several Vbulletin powered forums that are very, very good. The ability to post Smileys doesn't ruin forums, it's posters that do that.
MTC
The 300C is rubbish ... - tr7v8
what instead of the pop-ups some of which won't be killed, some of which are for debatable businesses!
Everyother forum I use has clickable smileys etc. Awful forum I don't think so.
The 300C is rubbish ... - mss1tw

Cobblers.

Without a ;o) you'd think I was serious. Which I am. :-P

No different to the text based smilies we use here instead of GIF's.

"Surprise who ? people that think that 50 mph is going to quickly on a slip road ?????? :)"

I thought even the diesel 300C - rubbish tho' it may be- can do more than 50mph.. but as you own one, you will know better than me.

:-)
madf
The 300C is rubbish ... - Tornadorot
Surprise who ? people that think that 50 mph is
going to quickly on a slip road ?????? :)

Ah, you mean the kind I always end up behind? ;-)
The 300C is rubbish ... - arnold2
er, no, control-click, apple key won't get you anywhere ! Still, sensible man with a Mac and one button mouse, I say !
The 300C is rubbish ... - Xileno {P}
Saw my first one for real today, in black. Front looks great, not sure about the back.

Ask Honest John

Value my car