Ford 1.9 TDI Galaxy - richard france
Hi there, I have a1998 S reg Ford Galaxy 1.9 TDI and have a bit of a problem!
When you start it from cold it takes about 10 mins, plumes out whitish smoke and eventualy with the assistance of a jump will start!
If you introduce two/three puffs of easy start it fires away nice!
Have checked fuses all ok
Glow plug indicator light comes on and off as norm!
Fuel flows to the pump!
When it starts it runs perfect, full acceleration etc and does not smoke untill decelerating??
Any suggestions please(apart from burn it)
lodgerc@aol.com
Ford 1.9 TDI Galaxy - Altea Ego
Your glow plug light might well go out, but the glow plugs are shot and need to be replaced,
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Ford 1.9 TDI Galaxy - Quinny100
White smoke is unburnt diesel, if it'll go with easy start then check the glowplugs and the associated relay and wiring. Does it run well once it's started? If its high mileage might be worth getting the injectors tested and a compression test.
Ford 1.9 TDI Galaxy - jc2
It says clearly that it runs well when hot-again likely to be glow-plugs,wiring or relay.
Ford 1.9 TDI Galaxy - jc2
Also there should be no smoke on the overrun-fuel should be cut-off.Worn bores??-certainly a problem on some VW engines.
Hi jc2,
further to my last posting!
I have changed all the glow plugs and used another relay(second hand) for now!
Still No Good!!!!
However I stuck some thick wire in the two large terminal in points on the relay holder and did not put the relay in and when turned over it attempts to start and is almost there(but needed easy start) to go the whole way!
So in a way, not much further forrward!!!!!!!!
Hi there, many thanks for the reply.
When it is started it runs a dream, full performance etc quite at ease to do 105/110.
Only smokes abit after desseleration(guess the mileage is about 140-160k ?)
Every now and then a power loss occures, takes a minute or so to come back and away you go!
Have read details on posible dirty turbo ?
Look forward to any feedback/advice you can spare.
Richard in France