Travelling to Leeds from Essex - Soupytwist

Next Thursday I'm going to Leeds with some work colleagues from the Harlow / Hertfordshire area. We don't want to go in seperate cars so we'd like to meet up somewhere just off the M11/A14/A1 where we can dump a couple of cars for the day and travel up in one.

Does anyone have any ideas of a suitable place, that preferably don't involve paying large sums in parking fees?

thanks
--
Soupytwist !
Travelling to Leeds from Essex - joc
cd park at service area just off M11 J8, or carry on to cambridge J11, massive park n ride car park.
Travelling to Leeds from Essex - Mattster
Never mind car parks, why not park in a nice residential road somewhere? I've done that in places near airports successfully, for up to a week. Or even better, outside the house of the best-placed colleague.
--
Mattster
Boycott shoddy build and reliability.
Travelling to Leeds from Essex - Soupytwist
"I've done that in places near airports successfully, for up to a week."

People in the Essex village of Takeley (next to Stansted airport) are getting very annoyed with people doing exactly that. Especially when the parkers ring a taxi to come and get them, say I'm at number 10 Acacia Avenue and the cab driver rings the doorbell rather than pickup the person standing on the pavement with a suitcase.

Also, none of us live in a particularly convenient location given the route we need to take.
--
Soupytwist !

Ask Honest John

Value my car