which japanese diesel for £12-15k - scfc_151
gf's folks looking at buying soon so any ideas?
which japanese diesel for £12-15k - type's'
In that price range I think you are looking at Yaris or Corolla.
New Corolla coming out very soon (with different name) so beat the dealer down on price if they are interested.
which japanese diesel for £12-15k - bristolmotorspeedway {P}
What size of car? New or used?

The Avensis 2.0 (130) will fit into the top end of that bracket as a new purchase, as will the Mazda6. Nearly new, can add the Accord as an option, and higher spec Avensis including the 2.2 (150).

If you want something smaller, I should think you can take your pick in that price range. Could add the Civic to those mentioned by Type S and the Mazda3 as well.

which japanese diesel for £12-15k - scfc_151
i think nearly new is what they are looking at and mazda 3 is the favourite so far. Something around that size is ideal
which japanese diesel for £12-15k - v0n
Mazda 3 is practically Ford Focus in prettier exteria...
--------------------
[Nissan 2.2 dCi are NOT Renault engines. Grrr...]
which japanese diesel for £12-15k - mlj
If it's nearly new and a Mazda 3 that is favourite I would pick up a Focus 1.6 TDCI at about eleven months old for about £9K. Lots of choice for a very good car. What would you gain by paying a lot more for a Mazda?
which japanese diesel for £12-15k - cheddar
If it's nearly new and a Mazda 3 that is favourite
I would pick up a Focus 1.6 TDCI at about eleven
months old for about £9K. Lots of choice for a very
good car. What would you gain by paying a lot more
for a Mazda?

Agreed though I would probably consider the 1.8 TDCi Focus, an engine not available in the Mazda 3, older tech mechanically though totally contemporary in respect of it's control systems, more torquey than the 1.6 and IME even more refined.
which japanese diesel for £12-15k - Adam {P}
>>What would you gain by paying a lot more for a Mazda?<<

Looks that are a squillion times better than the Focus.
which japanese diesel for £12-15k - cheddar
>>What would you gain by paying a lot more for a
Mazda?<<

Disagree, the 6 looks OK, the 5 is a very nice looking MPV though the 3 is pig ugly in a Primera kind of way compared to, for instance, a Focus, Golf or V40.
which japanese diesel for £12-15k - lakelad
If you want a fascia that rattles - buy a Toyota Corolla (not a bad car otherwise).
which japanese diesel for £12-15k - MichaelR
>>What would you gain by paying a lot more for a
Mazda?<<

Given that more or less this entire class simply looks like a non-descript hire car or field engineers car I really dont think it makes any difference. Buy the best value one.
which japanese diesel for £12-15k - lazza
Mitsubishi Colt 1.5 D-iD. 3 dr has the looks, 5 dr looks a bit shopping trolley!