Electrical problem - 1994 VW Golf GTI - winnart2001
I have a 1994 VW Golf GTI 2Litre DOHC and have just replaced the drivers door window motor & mechanism, I don?t think I?ve interfered with any wiring but since then the interior light, glove box light & electric sunroof have stopped working. I?ve checked the fuses & they are intact. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be or know if this could be related to the central locking or door mechanism in anyway?

{Car make / model added to subject header - DD}
Electrical problem - stuartl
This will sound strange but you dont have wet footwells and carpet do you???
Electrical problem - elekie&a/c doctor
Difficult to see any relation between all of these faults.Does the central locking work?The interior light timed circuit is supplied from the cdl pneumatic pump that is secured below the o/s/r light by a rubber strap.Check the voltage/power supply to the red wire.I think I would recheck those fuses.
Electrical problem - stuartl
The reasoning behind my post was that when the pollen filter leaks it floods the footwells and tends to upset the electrics under the passenger seat. Just an idea, elekie sounds a bit more clued up than me ! : o )

Stuart
Electrical problem - winnart2001
Thanks for your help, I forget to mension the central locking isn't working either. I will follow your advice & check the unit under the rubber strap in the boot tomorrow & let you know how I get on.
Thanks again
Electrical problem - VR6
It points to a problem with fuse 16 (15 amp) as this is the fuse for the sunroof & the interior lights. If you've checked the fuse and its ok, could you have damaged the wiring behind the fuse box in any way? Not sure, but there must be a way to see if there is current going into that particular fuse connection.