pug306 non starter - nick3
i have just finished refitting my cylinder head and now it wont start.the timing is correct and i have bled the fuel system.i dont know what else to try.
pug306 non starter - defender
slacken a pipe on an injector and crank the engine over to see if there is fuel up to injectors ,this might be all that is needed to bleed out the last bit of air ,if its a manual try a tow start would be another thing to try then see if it starts on the key when its hot telling you it could be heater plugs
pug306 non starter - nick3
i was wondering does the make of the injecters have to match the make of the pump as that is the only thing that is different from the heads i have changed over?
pug306 non starter - autumnboy
Do a search and you'll find other people have had the same problem as shown on this link, but I'm sure there is more by doing a search.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=4&t=44...1
pug306 non starter - PaulFromMelton
i was wondering does the make of the injecters have to
match the make of the pump as that is the only
thing that is different from the heads i have changed over?

If you're talking about diesel, I'm told that the injectors and pump have to match. Lucas CAV injectors operate at a lower pressure than Bosch ones. The injectors are easy enough to swap over with the correct socket from Halfords.

Also, check that the fuel solenoid on the front of the pump hasn't come loose
pug306 non starter still! - nick3
still haven't got pug started everything is working,timing right,glow plugs hot,injecters firing but still no go,also i have noticed that the battery terminals are getting rather hot when trying to start car is this normal or could it be a fault which is causing it not to fire up.

{Moved to other thread you already started, as is related - DD}
pug306 non starter still! - glowplug
Probably will get hot if your trying and trying to start it. How hot's the starter motor getting, these are quite expensive when they burn out.

Steve.
---
Xantia HDi.

Buy a Citroen and get to know the local GSF staff better...