Not so perfect Lexus - daveyjp
Took a trip down the M1 yesterday and at one point was left standing by a Lexus 300. It was an 04 reg and was leaving a trail of smoke like the red arrows! He eventually caught up with another car and slammed on, this was followed by a huge plume of smoke leaving the exhaust, when we passed through the cloud our cabin stank of burning oil. It looked like this car had had a hard life from leaving the dealership and at less than three years old looked almost ready for the scrapheap.
Not so perfect Lexus - mss1tw
I'll never understand people who buy new, and especially 'prestige' cars (I mean in terms of engineering finesse rather than a poxy badge) and then proceed to intentionally destroy them. Seems almost like an insult to the hours of work that went into making something like that, just for some neanderthal brained by-broduct of boredom to reduce it to a wreck.
Not so perfect Lexus - TheGrocer
OR It may have been nicked!!
Not so perfect Lexus - stunorthants
I would suspect that it is not so much an imperfect Lexus as a clearly imperfect owner.
In the same way that a careful owner can make almost any fragile car last very well, an idiot can ruin even the toughest car. Shame though.
Not so perfect Lexus - jase1
I would suspect that it is not so much an imperfect
Lexus as a clearly imperfect owner.
In the same way that a careful owner can make almost
any fragile car last very well, an idiot can ruin even
the toughest car. Shame though.


Definitely.

At 3 years old *no* car should be in the condition the OP described. It's far too new for this to be a build quality issue.

Even a Lada or Yugo would not be in this condition after three years if properly serviced.
Not so perfect Lexus - Statistical outlier
Depends on mileage. If it's done 150k plus and been abused...
Not so perfect Lexus - stunorthants
Not sure about Yugos, but the Ladas are pretty tough and take abuse, just unpleasent to drive.

Incidentally, there is a Yugo Sana on ebay - must be the last one left - and even I will breath a sigh of relief about that, much as I love 99% of cars in their own right, the Sana falls into the remaining 1%!
Not so perfect Lexus - Dipstick
If you had also been in a Lexus you wouldn't have suffered so badly, as the automatic hydrocarbon smog filter thing would have kicked in and you wouldn't have been aware of the smell of oil!

 

Ask Honest John

Value my car