Where are police vehicles sold? - vertical fool
I noticed an advert in the autotrader for an ex police LDV Cub whilst looking for a small van.

So I`m wondering how they are sold?

Vertical
Where are police vehicles sold? - maclean
Hi - West Oxford Car Auctions at Witney have about 2 auctions per month of ex police cars.Their website lists the cars for the upcoming auctions.

HTH
Where are police vehicles sold? - Pugugly {P}
LDV Cub ex-Police, the words pole and barge spring to mind.

These are not superchipped, lovingly maintained with 500 mile oil changes radically upgraded super vehicles, more your shed on wheels with a dipstick that was so inaccesible that you can guess the rest..
Where are police vehicles sold? - Westpig
i truly do not understand why anyone would want to buy anything ex-police...... it's a complete myth that they are 'looked after'.

when kitted out, they often have after market and non manufacturer 'extras' for whatever equipment is needed e.g. two big holes in dashboard where radio mike is clipped on.... or damned great hole in carpet for fire extinguisher mount or glass breaking hammer.

then there's the mish mash under the bonnet and similar e.g. 'additions' to the wiring loom for say blue lamps or alternate flashing headlamps or rear fogs.... that are not always done as professionally as a car electrician would recommend and can cause problems in the future as it's obviously not standard

non standard fittings such as uprated brakes/suspension etc, which doesn't make it easy as it could be to renew parts

then they are all thrashed within an inch of their life (unless you can get the Chief Constable's Jag) and then a bit more by people who couldn't care less about that , just want a bit more speed at that particular moment.......

then when boredom sets in, usually in the middle of the night, there's the ' what happens if i pull this syndrome' so bits and pieces are missing or badly aligned when they're half heartedly put back

yes they'll be regularly serviced, but my fitters not decent mechanics and some simple problems will have been with the car for three quarters of it's life that a decent mechanic would have ironed out years ago

steer clear unless you want a very cheap heap

Where are police vehicles sold? - vertical fool
Whenever I`ve seen a police LDV cub they`ve never had blue lights on, its always been at football matches to ferry in the coppers, so I don`t think this would be a problem. Although other thinks maybe, I think they are pretty standard vehicles, I don`t think they can be uprated either. Are there any auctions further up north especially in the Manchester/North West area.
Where are police vehicles sold? - Wales Forester
North Wales Police have recently been disposing of some LDV Cubs, via BCA Preston.
The majority have been operational in battenberg livery with blues and twos (don't laugh).
'Most reliable thing on the fleet' said one police mechanic I spoke to..................
Where are police vehicles sold? - Thommo
Whilst largely agreeing with Westpig I have in the past made a nice few bob buying Honda Pan Europeans for peanuts at auction and then prettying them up for resale.

Not done it for a few years but back then and I assume still now there was no attempt to pretty them up. Equipment installed was just removed leaving huge holes in the plastic, etc. Your average punter looking for a Pan wouldn't touch them and thus they were cheap.

Nothing wrong with buying ex-cop kit if dirt cheap but as said the idea that such vehicles should not only not be dirt cheap but actually command a premium is laughable.
Where are police vehicles sold? - school boy
Volvo estates ideal for a window cleaner needing to finish the rounds quickly........