Aston Martin Sold! - rtj70
Well we had the lengthy demise of PAG thread so thought this deserved its own.

According to Autocar today, Ford have sold Aston Martin. Apparently the new owner will be revealed before Christmas. Later on it alludes to the sale now being final but the Ulirch Bez (the chairman) with venture capitalist backing is believed to be the front runner.

The article also suggests they will keep LR and Jag (Aston being the easier to sell?) and some LR/Jag production will moved to the states. Kind of makes sense being as that is where a lot of the cars are sold anyway.
Aston Martin Sold! - mike hannon
Ford aren't hanging about, are they?
Aston allegedly sold already.
Bill Ford tipped yesterday to leave, gone today apparently.
Hope the profits will return with equal speed...
Aston Martin Sold! - bell boy
i was hoping toymota would have bought them
Aston Martin Sold! - type's'
Off course this also comes in the middle of Ford appointing ex Boeing Chief as their new top man.
I do hope Bez has bought it because in my view it will continue to succeed under him.
Can we claim that it is British again or if Bez is the new owner (with backing) is it now under German control ?
Aston Martin Sold! - rtj70
I hope it's Bez but other interested parties are said to be Jaqcues Nasser (no) who works for One Equity Partners, Richemont (?) and LVMH (they also own Moet et Chandon and Cartier).... so lets hope for Bez. Or if one of us has about £600m spare we could buy it.

The article I read said no car companies interested yet... but BMW might be...
Aston Martin Sold! - type's'
but BMW might be...

I think BMW have learned that they can be more successful on their own - just like Toyot and Honda.
Aston Martin Sold! - midlifecrisis
I wonder is the uncertainty going to put people off buying Astons, leading to the slippery slope.

I hope not...I adore these cars and if I could get a good price for the wife, would buy one without hesitation.
Aston Martin Sold! - bell boy
www.pistonheads.com/astonmartin/default.asp?storyI...9
Aston Martin Sold! - Dalglish
if I could get a good price for the wife

>>

:: ;-) :: how much are you asking for her?

Aston Martin Sold! - Happy Blue!
The purchase price is irrelevant - its the running costs that are crippling........

if that's for the aston or wife I don't know
Aston Martin Sold! - midlifecrisis
Sadly, the wife has informed me she is not for sale. I'm open to PCP offers though.
Aston Martin Sold! - Adam {P}
Half a Mars bar and a box of crayons. (Burnt Sienna is missing though)

Deal?
Aston Martin Sold! - blue_haddock
Half a Mars bar and a box of crayons. (Burnt Sienna
is missing though)

Two Ballons and a goldfish?
Aston Martin Sold! - Micky
It's a shame to see Aston Martin bounced from owner to owner; still, that's the way of the world I suppose.
Aston Martin Sold! - barchettaman
......Half a Mars bar ......

Chances of Adam leaving half a Mars bar are slim to none.
Aston Martin Sold! - Adam {P}
Sssshhh - hedidn't know that!