Alfa 159 - midlifecrisis
Having discounted a Brera on cost and practcality, I saw a 159 in the showroom and thought it looked great. Used prices are falling and I wondered if anyone had any ownership experiences to pass on. (I like the GT as well....what is a man to do)
Alfa 159 - midlifecrisis
I've never seen a 159 on the road....obviously none have been sold yet. :)
Alfa 159 - DP
Seen just one, and it looked stunning. Black 2.4 JTD.
Alfa 159 - cheddar
I have seen a few, I would say prices seem quite strong, 18k for a 55 plate 1.9 diesel, what will it be worth at three years old with no warranty?
Alfa 159 - y2k+4
Personally, I would give the 159 a chance. The GT...well...it's based on 156/147 mechanicals and they weren't the most reliable...
Alfa 159 - Adam {P}
Saw a black one in Manchester a few weeks ago.

It was a bit dirty but somehow looked fantastic!
Alfa 159 - midlifecrisis
The looks are what attract me. My head is in a battle with my heart at the moment (and my wallet)
Alfa 159 - tr7v8
Based on what info? several on Pistonheads have sold after 2ish years, no problems & very strong prices because they're quite sought after. Oh and quite a few have sold to buy Breras so quite happy. Also lots of 156 owners have had no problems or very minimal ones.
Alfa 159 - DP
I have seen a few, I would say prices seem quite
strong, 18k for a 55 plate 1.9 diesel, what will it
be worth at three years old with no warranty?

If it's anything like the 156, about 5 grand.

DP
Alfa 159 - cheddar
If it's anything like the 156, about 5 grand.
DP

Which could make it a great buy at three years old.
Alfa 159 - tr7v8
Never saw 156 Diesels at 5K after 3 years, mine went for 4K with 106K on the clock at 5 years old.
And cost me 10,995 at 3 years with 37K.
But as always never let facts get in the way of a good story slagging off Alfa's!
Alfa 159 - DP
cost me 10,995 at 3 years with 37K.

Last year, my neighbour bought the local Alfa dealer's 4 month old 1.9 JTD Lusso demonstrator with all the options on it, and 5,000 miles on the clock for £12,500.

I was basing 5 grand on that.

I personally like Alfas. didn't mean to appear to be slagging them off.

Cheers
DP
Alfa 159 - barchettaman
Wait till you see the 159 Tourer (think that´s what they call the estate).
That really is a storker.
One rumbled past me the other day - 3.2 V6 4WD. Looked well tasty in black.