What has seats that fold into a bed? - vertical fool
Hi All.

After noticing a toyota townace that had seats that fold down into a bed, I`m interested in getting this style of vehicle. I`ve also noticed that mitsubishi delica also have this. What other vehicles also have this facility of creating a bed? I have less than £3000 and would prefer something for less than £2000 so what are your suggestions, opinions etc.

Thanks

Vertical
What has seats that fold into a bed? - Steptoe
the Austin Maxi,

Ok ok , I'm leaving :)

----------------------------------------------

One mans junk is another mans treasure
What has seats that fold into a bed? - Collos25
My front room sofa.
What has seats that fold into a bed? - local yokel
My VW Camper - cost you a sight more than £2k though - the Corvair engine currently being built in the US is costing $6k, and that's without shipping costs....
What has seats that fold into a bed? - mike hannon
Late 80s/early 90s Honda Civic Shuttle. If you can find one that isn't rusty it will be a cracking little motor, cost peanuts and be as versatile as anything more recent for ten times the price.
Another point is that of the models that do have folding seats, Do all of the models? e.g Do the 7 seaters, or 8 seaters both have seats that fold into a bed, do models that have say eight captains seats?

Thanks

Vertical
What has seats that fold into a bed? - bignick
Toyota Previa - you might find an early one in your price range.

Once the seats are folded down you have effectively a king size double bed although it is not perfectly flat and a night spent sleeping with a seat belt stalk digging into your back can be slightly uncomfortable. I carry a couple of sleeping bags to lay out as extra padding.

I make several overnight journeys a year and regularly drive til around 1 am while the roads are quiet then pull over for a few hours kip before continuing on, I refuse to pay £40 or more to Trave Lodge for a room just to sleep in for 6 hours.

Recommended early morning drive - the M6 up through the lake district at dawn or just after can be spectacular.
What has seats that fold into a bed? - lordwoody
Mazda Bongo?
What has seats that fold into a bed? - Gromit {P}
Last model Honda Civic - the front seats recline to a horizontal position AFAIK, giving two single beds. Probably not very comfortable, though.

VW Caravelle had an option of rear seats that fold down into a bed platform.
What has seats that fold into a bed? - smokie
I was looking at new car specs last week for Mondeo, Vectra and Signum. One of them had a "fold flat" passenger seat - can't remember which.
What has seats that fold into a bed? - Cliff Pope
Volvo estate.
What has seats that fold into a bed? - bell boy
a tranny van with a mattress in the back? grow your hair long and it might pull the "chicks" as well
What has seats that fold into a bed? - Adam {P}
Mazda 626.
What has seats that fold into a bed? - v0n
Nissan Largo.
--------------------
[Nissan 2.2 dCi are NOT Renault engines. Grrr...]
I`m not interestes in the cars with so called fold flat seats. So what other`s are there?

Do all models of say the delica and the previa have seats that fold into a bed?

Thanks

Vertical
What has seats that fold into a bed? - Collos25
I suppose if you put the rear seat down on most estates you will have a double bed size space that with a LILO Bobs your Auntie.
What has seats that fold into a bed? - Statistical outlier
Certainly true in my Accord. I'm about 5'11", and I fit in there to lie down straight. I think anyone from about 6'1" would start to need to curl up a bit though.

I've not tried it yet tho, though the first time I arrive to camp and it's pouring down may be when it happens.
What has seats that fold into a bed? - bignick
Not sure about the grey import Jap spec Previas (badged as Emina or Lucida) mine is UK spec 8 seater - ie with centre bench seat which pulls forward then folds down to meet the front of the rearmost seats.

What has seats that fold into a bed? - Big John
Top Gear tested a "Smart For Four - Lounge" that converted into a bed. Richard and James had to spend 24 hours in it!