best value headlight bulbs? mk4 golf - steveo3002
ok i remember i looked into this a few years back and osram and phillips 50% more bulbs were the best value replacement bulbs for those seeking better out put

our new to us mk4 golf has terrible lights, and i would like to improve them best i can...are the above brands still the ones to go for? i notice theres loads of no name ones on ebay making similar claims

any suggestions on how to further improve them for sensible ££ , im not intrested in zenons or fancy colored bulbs
best value headlight bulbs? mk4 golf - Stuartli
There's another thread on this subject but one of the best known suppliers is:

www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/home.php

Also:

www.extremeautoaccessories.co.uk/products.php?sect...4

www.gbdriver.co.uk/acatalog/High_powered_super_bri...l

There are plenty of similar suppliers.

I use Halfords 50 per cent extra bulbs in my VW Bora - the difference was very noticeable, especially the more even and brighter spread of light.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
best value headlight bulbs? mk4 golf - fossyant
Get the Philips or Osram bulbs - far better quality. I have Philips Blue Vision Ultra's (white not blue) and Osram Silver Star's in our cars - far better than OEM or no make bulbs.

Just stick with the well known makes.
best value headlight bulbs? mk4 golf - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
I'm pleased with Osram SS in my BMW bike and the Passat.
Consumabulbs was the cheapest and very quick delivery for me.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
do you have a link for consuabulbs please?
best value headlight bulbs? mk4 golf - AR-CoolC
www.consumabulbs.com/index.php
best value headlight bulbs? mk4 golf - yorkiebar
Iirc the golf mk4 is fitted with h7 bulbs as standard. various discussions on the subject of better bulbs including a recent 1 on here have rarely found any increase in light output whatever brand has been fitted.

In all cases of poor headlights I always recommend a trip to an mot testing station for them to check the alignment of the headlamps before spending any money to cure a problem that could be cured so easily if its alignment.

If its not then check your cars lights at night with another golfs if possible.

Then decide where to go/what to do after that?
im told it has h7 and h1....so maybe worth doing the h1 anyway?
The h1 will be worth uprating for brighter type (not highjer wattage type), usually xenon as opposed to halogen.

But not sure that it has h1 and h7 ? if it has, the h1 will be just the main beam (inner) lights
it deffinetly has 2 bulbs in there for dip/main....i'll get the handbook and see what it says

wheres this thread that slates h7 ? i wouldnt mind a read
best value headlight bulbs? mk4 golf - Stuartli
>>it deffinetly has 2 bulbs in there for dip/main>>

Are you sure that one set isn't front fog lamps?

My Bora uses H4 bulbs for dip/main beam plus separate sidelight bulbs - it doesn't have the front fog lamps feature (not that I miss it).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
best value headlight bulbs? mk4 golf - John S
It's here:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=4&t=44...6

It doesn't slate H7, but a couple of us have found they offer very little performance increase compared to standard bulbs. I really could not notice any difference between a '50% brighter' H7 bulb in one side and a standard H7 bulb in the other. That was on an Astra with the clear lens type lamps.

JS
If it has 2 bulbs for dip/main i would expect them both to be h7

h1 would logically be for a built in fog light as suggested. i think !