Funniest sighting on the road? - BazzaBear {P}
I just caught sight of a Citroen 2CV towing a caravan. As if this wasn't an absurd enough thing in the first place, I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that I'm pretty sure the caravan must have been extendable or something, unless you're supposed to sleep with your feet sticking out of a window.
Funniest sighting on the road? - bell boy
as its french maybe they dont like frogs legs and are pretty armless as well?
the only car ive ever owned (took in px) that failed the test on everything but the horn
Funniest sighting on the road? - Lud
Not your kind of motor perhaps om and I even know what you mean but tut tut I must say yr attitude to the 2cv is, well, a bit just-post-battle-of-Agincourt for a car enthusiast.... After all the French were energetic early motorists and still know how to shake a leg (and other parts too they are keen to point out). As for the 2cv, anyone interested can refer to other threads.

Tut tut though.
Funniest sighting on the road? - Avant
Many years ago I was stuck behind a caravan and when I eventually managed to pass it I found it was being towed by - wait for it - a Reliant Robin.

I also more recently saw a biggish caravan being towed by one of those splendid big old 1930s Vauxhalls. I forget what the model name was but they had big 6-cylinder engines and no doubt bags of torque.
Funniest sighting on the road? - Robin Reliant
Many years ago I was stuck behind a caravan and when
I eventually managed to pass it I found it was being
towed by - wait for it - a Reliant Robin.

And?
--
Robin Reliant, formerly known as Tom Shaw
Funniest sighting on the road? - Big Bad Dave
I once saw a caravan being towed by an XJS which struck me as being a bit odd. This would have been more than 20 years ago so a bit like seeing an XK8 towing one today.
Funniest sighting on the road? - Bromptonaut
Walked out of the office this evening, after an long and tedious day, to the sight a van with the reg B1DET. Merc belonging to Pimlico Plumbers. Quite raised my spirits.
Funniest sighting on the road? - grafen
Not funny really, but amazing...

Saw a car today with a shirt hanging in the front passenger window...
Funniest sighting on the road? - Sofa Spud
There used to be a publicity vehicle run by a garage in Plymouth that was made from the front halves of two Austin A30s welded back to back. So when you were following this thing it looked like it was going backwards.
Funniest sighting on the road? - mss1tw
Range Rover 'Sport'

I think the irony is lost on the drivers.
Funniest sighting on the road? - blue_haddock
There used to be a publicity vehicle run by a garage
in Plymouth that was made from the front halves of two
Austin A30s welded back to back. So when you were
following this thing it looked like it was going backwards.

There is a well known crank 'wizard' in Christchurch New Zealand who drives a VW beetle made out of two front ends.
Funniest sighting on the road? - glowplug
In my youth I often saw this old Transit van/caravette (?) type thing parked near a local tower block, funny thing about it was the half georgian bow door that had been grafted to the back of it.

Steve.
---
Xantia HDi.

Buy a Citroen and get to know the local GSF staff better...
Funniest sighting on the road? - Vlad2
Being stuck in a long traffic jam on an A road and slowly inching down the road only to see a flashing blue light coming very slowly the other way.

Eventually the police car comes around the corner at walking pace and guiding a very large pink pig that was trotting along in front of the police car. They eventually got to the open gate in the field from which the pig had escaped and they both turned in....the irony of the whole event was not lost on many people in the jam who sat in their cars howling with laughter.

Aah the memories!!
Funniest sighting on the road? - IanJohnson
A Volvo estate with the reg. number S4 ETY

There was also a letter "F" stuck to the bumper below the plate as if it had just slipped off!
Funniest sighting on the road? - daveyjp
Not funny really, but amazing...
Saw a car today with a shirt hanging in the front
passenger window...

On a similar note I saw a car being driven which must have suffered a broken passenger door window. To protect the occupants from the elements they had covered the window with a black binliner.

This morning I saw a few cars with heavy dew on the drivers door window - I must ask one of these drivers where they get x-ray eyes from.
Funniest sighting on the road? - Lud
On a similar note I saw a car being driven which
must have suffered a broken passenger door window. To protect
the occupants from the elements they had covered the window with
a black binliner.
This morning I saw a few cars with heavy dew on
the drivers door window - I must ask one of these
drivers where they get x-ray eyes from.

'Some geezer come up and asked me something just as I was punching the air and shouting "Yay!" about something else, can't remember what, and my fist happened to catch him on the nose, bit of an eyesight problem, sorry yer honour....'

About a third of the cars in London seem to have black bin liner instead of one or more windows.
Funniest sighting on the road? - Group B
Not really funny but made me wonder why...

A few weeks ago saw a Mitsubishi L200 crew cab, big hard pickup thing in "Elegance" trim. And in a quite girly light metallic blue colour. Warrior and Animal badging I can understand for this type of vehicle, but not Elegance... Especially if you say it with a bit of a French accent! Are they trying to improve sales in the school-run mum sector?
Funniest sighting on the road? - artful dodger {P}
On Friday at about 5.30pm on Rochester Bridge, an old Lambretta with a side car. In the side car was the owner's dog! Rediculous combination that made me chuckle.

--
Roger
I read frequently, but only post when I have something useful to say.