Corsa knocking roll bar - silvervanman
My wife has a 54 reg low mileage corsa, it's had a knocking (when driving over rough surface or drains etc), coming up from the front nearside ever since we picked it up. Taken it back under warranty, they can't find the problem. I've had the wheels and calipers off and isolated the knocking to the Anti-roll bar but can't find anything obvious going on. Any Ideas?..... Thanks.
Corsa knocking roll bar - niel
my dad had this problem on his ''04 plate corsa (hes a driving instuctor) after a pupil hit the kerb, vauxhall replaced the steering rack under warranty (dad didnt mention the pupil bit)
Corsa knocking roll bar - bell boy
the dual controls in the passenger footwell and the big sign on the roof were a bit of a giveaway though.......
check that the antirollbar brackets havent got a crack in them the ones in front of the engine bit usually where its doubled up
Corsa knocking roll bar - niel
yes but he didnt mention that the pupil had hit the kerb doing about 30mph!!
Managed to speak to service manager on Saturday, he agreed this is a common fault on the corsa C. Read somewhere that in certain cases the wrong bar fitted at factory??. Anyhoo, will find out on Friday and hopefully get this annoying niggle fixed. - will report back.
Got a techy to come out onto a rough bit of ground, he agreed either roll bar OR steering rack. They ended up replacing the rack under warranty - job done. mind you, the whole front end feels tighter, even the gear stick feels tight again???.