VW Bora 2.0 Cambelt Change - charlesb
OK, I've reached 5 years in my Bora, and I'm looking for some help finding an independent to change my Cambelt

My local VW has quoted £377+VAT for the change....Steep and that does not include water pump.

I've got one separate quote for £175+VAT, and £40+Vat for Water pump, which seems more reasonable from an independent, but I have no prior history, just found them in Yellow pages.

Anyone got any recommendations in the Slough or Hounslow area for a decent garage with reasonable price
-------------------
VW Bora (51) 2.0 SE
VW Touran (54) 1.9 TDI
VW Bora 2.0 Cambelt Change - psi
I have used Surrey Lodge Motor Co in Wraysbury for our Passat a few times, seem honest and good value (p.s. no connection other than as a satisfied customer)
VW Bora 2.0 Cambelt Change - stuartl
I would highly recommend Trucktest in Chalvey, nr Slough.

They are 100% trustworthy. I used to know the guy that owned it and I built his MOT waiting area. He sold the business but one of his mechanics, Tom Lacey is still there and is a top man. They have looked after my brother's Bora since new (its an x reg) plus some of my cars and my Dads and have always been totally honest and reliable. Tel 01753 550981 I think. If you go there tell Tom that Stuart who built the MOT waiting area recommended them!