Under 1000cc to Mongolia - johnny
Looks like a good wheeze. Sort of.....

www.mongolrally.com/teamlist.php

Under 1000cc to Mongolia - DavidHM
Wheeze being the operative word... still looks a laugh. I heard about the two city lawyers doing the run - apparently the 1988 Nova 1.0 they're using is still in everyday as their boss's everyday car (he's on £250k a year minimum)...
Under 1000cc to Mongolia - mare
There's a couple of dirty filthy cheats in there with their 1100 fiestas and 1043 Polo's!

What's a Leyland Scamp when it's at home?
Under 1000cc to Mongolia - johnny
Don't know but I had a record "sing a song of motor cars" as a lad, there was a song

our brothers Scamp and Gypsy
are not a laughing stock
so why then does the sight of us
make everybody rock

were not jokes
we're litle Mini Mokes why does everybody laugh at us ... etc etc (heads for cloakroom)
Under 1000cc to Mongolia - Armitage Shanks {p}
It is a Mini based kit Car
Under 1000cc to Mongolia - henry k
I liked the team names and the progress map.

www.mongolrally.com/modules.php?name=Progress
Not much chance of help from a fellow competator !
They are atill able to give text updates
Under 1000cc to Mongolia - MichaelR
So how did the 3 litre Izuzu 4wd get in then? Not exactly much challenging about getting something like THAT to Mongolia really, is there?
Under 1000cc to Mongolia - BazzaBear {P}
So how did the 3 litre Izuzu 4wd get in then?
Not exactly much challenging about getting something like THAT to Mongolia
really, is there?

Assuming it's a 6-pot, maybe it's only firing on 2 cylinders. Would that not work? Someone check the rulebook!
Under 1000cc to Mongolia - oilnchain
The rules state -

1. The Vehicle Rule: You can only use a car with an engine of less than 1 litre, that is generally considered to be crap. Motorbikes are limited to under 125cc, ideally scooters (we're amicable chaps, so if you're desperate to use something bigger you can be accommodated, but you will be fined £100 for every 0.1ltr above the limit).

£2k extra to take a Isuzu Trooper :-0
Under 1000cc to Mongolia - Xileno {P}
Seem to be quite a few old Polos. Let's hope they have packed a fuel pump and Hall Sender...