Ford 6006e Q's - cheddar
As per attached thread in discussion .......

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=2&t=43...7

......... I have a problem with my Ford 6006e unit, it loads and plays one CD however when I go to load a second CD it does not always recognise that it is there and sometimes makes strange whiring sounds, on occasions this is sorted by pushing "Load" again, where it finds the CD, or "Eject" and the CD is returned though twice now I have had the top off the unit to retrieve a CD. Occasionally it shows "CD error 3" though this clears itself.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Ford 6006e Q's - Altea Ego
Hi cheddar, you seem to be getting all the right info on the other thread, so here go with this one.

In my experience, nearly all problems with CD's and cd changers boil down to dirt grit and carp. A car interior is a dirty place.

You need to arms yourself with some lint free cloths, Isoprop, cotton buds, and some white lithium grease.

The cd changer needs to be taken apart and thouroughly cleaned, all the old transport parts, levers and gears need to have the existing lubrication removed, all sensors need to be cleaned, switches checked and most of all the CD laser head and its support runners needs to be cleaned. Re lubricate up with the white lithium afterwards.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Ford 6006e Q's - cheddar
Thanks RF, lithium grease from Halfords, Isopropanol from the chemist I guess?
Ford 6006e Q's - Altea Ego
or maplins
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Ford 6006e Q's - cheddar
Fixed the Ford changer this am, a bit of TLC, thanks RF.