Tyre Recommendations - No FM2R

I need a couple of new tyres. My intention is to only replace the fronts (RWD car). The front and back are different sizes so switching stuff around is not an option, and there is loads of tread on the back.

I need two tyres which are 245/35 on 18" rims. Noise is not really an issue, or rather it would be but it'll be drowned out; grip is important, especially in the wet; longevity would be nice but not the most important.

Any particular recommendations ? Its got Dunlop something or others at the moment which seem ok, but not outstanding - its got the same model on the back and without the traction control I suspect that it would break away quite a lot.

M.
Tyre Recommendations - Dynamic Dave
My intention is to only replace the fronts (RWD car).

That rules out the Galaxy and Land Brusier then. Go on, give us a clue as to what the car is?
Tyre Recommendations - bell boy
chrysler crossfire?.............or is that fwd?
Tyre Recommendations - No FM2R
A mercedes.

Remember last year when I was after a suggestion for a toy ? Porche was my first target and then somebody suggested an SL ? At least I think that's how it went. Whatever, the SL was a good choice and I loved it.

Now I have a CLK convertible which I like even more and which has been paid some loving attention by Messrs A, M and G.

And now......tyres ???
Tyre Recommendations - RichardW
Goodyear Hydragrip are hard to better in the wet. Don't know if they are available in the monstrous size you need though.... G'year Eagle F1 are supposed to be pretty good for high performance motors, and I've heard good things about Toyo Proxes (or some such spelling....!)
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
Tyre Recommendations - Chad.R
Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 are fairly expensive at around £200 per tyre but great, Pirelli PZero Rosso are also good and would probabaly be slightly cheaper. As Richard W has already said, Toyo Proxes T1 usually get good reviews too and would be somewhere in the region of £150-160.
Tyre Recommendations - Chad.R
Forgot to mention that if it was my car (and I had your wallet), it would be the GSD3s every time!
;-)
Tyre Recommendations - adverse camber
Another vote for the gsd3.

the hydragrips are OK but have terrible life.

Michelin Pilot Sport ?

Its a while since I had PZeros but I found them a liability when cold.
Tyre Recommendations - John24
Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 £130 each plus fitting on www.mytyres.co.uk . Toyo Proxes T1-R are £135 each plus fitting and have a much better user rating.
Tyre Recommendations - tr7v8
I'd go G/Y GSD3 F1 but check that the rears are available as well. I've a TiPEC Porsch club member who brought G/Y F1 fronts & then found they don't do the rear size! These are around the £ 130 mark or the others would be Pirelli P Zero Assymetrico which are a few quid more.
Personally I'd go on Pistonheads or a Merc site to ask the question because tyres at this level need car specific experience.
Tyre Recommendations - tr7v8
I'd go G/Y GSD3 F1 but check that the rears are available as well. I've a TiPEC Porsche club member who brought G/Y F1 fronts & then found they don't do the rear size! These are around the £ 130 mark or the others would be Pirelli P Zero Assymetrico which are a few quid more.
Personally I'd go on Pistonheads or a Merc site to ask the question because tyres at this level need car specific experience.
Tyre Recommendations - Kevin
Check your handbook/build-sheet first.

The standard fit AMG are 225/40 R18 front, 255/35 R18 rear.

Whatever the sizes, I'd stick with the OEM boots unless there's a good reason to change.

Kevin...