Changing cars - is this deal OK? - Rebecca {P}
I have decided to go back to a BMW 320 Touring. Saw and drove one at the BMW garage today 04 reg 320d SE M47 auto leather & wood 38,000 miles. One owner. They are asking 16,405. Cost to change (px Picasso) £11,000 incl full tank diesel.

How does that sound to you wise Back Room boys? (and girls)

They also had an 03 with cloth 39,000 miles for £14,905 Cost to change 9,500 I thought the year and the leather should be worth the difference, is that right?
Changing cars - is this deal OK? - Bo-ard
Good move Rebecca - you can't realistically beat a 320d SE Touring: but you should aim for £15,995, tops.

taken that on board - any other thoughts?!
Changing cars - is this deal OK? - tubes36
Sounds like the 04 reg is the better deal Rebecca ,the cost of the leather alone would be about 1500 not to mention the wood, Your also bying a younger car but dont pay more than 10,500 with px
So I've got to knock them down £500...will consider my game plan!
Changing cars - is this deal OK? - Blue {P}
You may not have to knock them down any more money, it depends what your Picasso is worth, if they've given you £500 more than your car is worth then they have in effect reduced the cost to change by £500 therefore you won't really see any more discount from them.

However, if they've given you exactly what your car is worth and not a penny more, then you're basically paying screen price which is rarely good! :-)

Maybe some more details of which model Picasso and someone could tell you what it's Glass's book value is, this would give a better idea of whether they're offering you a good deal or bad deal.

Nice choice of car by the way!

Blue
The picasso is 2.0 exclusive auto 03 plate 36,000 miles mot from march, average condition. It's developed a new rattle that probably should be investigated and would no doubt cost some £££ to sort out. I've looked at various onlne valuations and they differ wildly. I can't remember what the glass's one said (paid for the £2 version) but I don't think it was far off the px they are proposing.
Just done the Glass's guide for the BMW and it's suggested retail price is £17,500...so it won't help to wave it at the salesman!
Changing cars - is this deal OK? - Westpig
Have you considered the Jaguar X Type 2.0 diesel estate, in SE trim you get loads of kit. Go and have a look at one they're nice looking cars. I know the BMW is a good package, but the Jag isn't bad either.

Wifey has one and loves it.

I think you'll find you can get more for your money 'cos the BMW retains its value a bit better, so will cost you more second hand... of course eventual re-sale will come into it, but depends how long you intend to keep it.

The other thing is the X Type is front wheel drive, whereas the BMW is rear is that makes a difference to you. Enthusiasts prefer the rear wheel drive handling, whereas to the average driver front can be safer.
Changing cars - is this deal OK? - Dalglish
rebecca -

stick with the bmw - a brand you already know, and a brand you know is not currently facing questions over its survival (whech cannot be said of jaguar at the moment).

as for the price, check the autotrader search (link on the left hand column here) to find comparitive prices.
if the £500 is not that material to you, and you cannot haggle the price down, feel satisfied with the deal you get.

Thank you all, I rang the dealer and the car has been sold this morning!

I think that if I don't get a BMW (had two before the picasso) then I will constantly be making unfavourable comparisions. Guess I am a creature of habit after all...
Changing cars - is this deal OK? - Dalglish
rebecca -

how about this one (found via autotrader search on lhs of this column):

www.revolutioncars.co.uk/bmw320d.htm

note - do not look like a conventional dealer, but somone who semingly takes pride in their business.
their cars sell pretty quickly (as you will see from sold/reserved tags on the other cars they have or had).

Changing cars - is this deal OK? - Stuartli
>>their cars sell pretty quickly (as you will see from sold/reserved tags on the other cars they have or had).>>

Pull the other one...:-)

One of the oldest tricks around in car advertising.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by