selling without personel reg - A2B
Whats the procedure if your selling your car without the private reg please? Do you have to provide another before selling?
sellig without personel reg - Stuartli
I presume that the DVLA will provide a new registration number appropriate for the year - it happened in the case of my VW Bora which is on its third registration number (the middle one was a private plate).

In fact the manual contains the original registration.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
sellig without personel reg - henry k
www.dvla.gov.uk/faq/faq_transfering.htm
sellig without personel reg - BB
They usually give you back the same registration you had on before the change.
sellig without personel reg - lordy
I thought that and kept the original plates of a previous car. When I transferred it, they allocated a different plate. This has since happened to me twice more. :o(

--
let me be the last to let you down....
sellig without personel reg - bell boy
you usually have to ask for the original plate and hope it didnt sell for a million at their auctions :)
sellig without personel reg - lordy
I think my last one was sold to guy named Y239***.
What are the chances of that eh?

--
let me be the last to let you down....
sellig without personel reg - Pugugly {P}
It's far cheaper to change your name to match your plate than the other way around - and probably more interesting as well.
sellig without personel reg - A2B
So you fill in a form from the post office and do they then send you a new reg and you go and get one made up?

I mean I'm selling the car this weekend and the buyer will want the car with a reg on it! How quickly can you get your reg changed?
So you fill in a form from the post office and do they then send you a new reg and you go and get one made up?

>>
Post Office???? Nothing to do with post office!! It is the DVLA you need.

Did you not read the info on my link?
www.dvla.gov.uk/faq/faq_transfering.htm#1
I mean I'm selling the car this weekend and the buyer will want the car with a reg on it!

Well you had better get in touch with the DVLA today
How quickly can you get your reg changed?

>>
If they still do it, you can attend the "local" office and wait in the queue while it happens
Ensure you find out what is required by them BEFORE you go.
You then will have a certificate to allow you to get new plates etc.etc.
sellig without personel reg - bell boy
cgerished plate transfers have to be left or posted to the local dvla office these days ,tell them the registration of the vehicle as was to speed up the process fill in all the relevant forms with a cheque for the transfer and one for the new road tax etc and sit back.......usually takes about 3/4 days.....
more info here
www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/cherish.htm

"The papers will be sent to DVLA, Swansea for the records to be amended and replacement V5C Registration Certificates will normally follow within 4 weeks of receiving your confirmation letter from the Local Office. However, if a V62 was used to support your application it could take up to 8 weeks."