DAB Radio - Yes or No - autumnboy
Is it worth the expense to have a DAB Radio.

As some area's have poor reception, if you have poor Mobile phone reception.

Or would it be better to have a Std. FM/AM radio till the DAB coverage gets better, if ever. I say this as some countries are dropping the DAB coverage and will we be the next to drop it too ???.
DAB Radio - Yes or No - Pugugly {P}
Well have a look at the DAB website, very few transmitter upgrades on the cards. Personally I wouldn't bother with a car version......I have a couple of domestic versions including a Teac hi fi (see Questions Thread) - I find the listening experience strangely uninvolving.
DAB Radio - Yes or No - JH
A,
in house or in car? In car, no. In house, well if you're upgrading your tuner you may as well go for a DAB / FM unit but don't expect anything special from DAB. I'm using a Pure Digital, DAB / FM and I think it has something called AM too. I haven't bothered with that since Radio Luxemburg.
JH
DAB Radio - Yes or No - Hamsafar
No
DAB Radio - Yes or No - David Horn
Yes. Two years ago coverage was atrocious but it's now excellent. In fact, DAB reception in Devon is better than FM in some places. Get a proper DAB aerial though for the car.
DAB Radio - Yes or No - autumnboy
I was thinking of a DAB for the car and a personal DAB while fishing etc
DAB Radio - Yes or No - IanW1977
I'd get it purely for Talksport as the reception on AM is appaling for me.
Not sure what's out there though, wouldn't want to change my HU either.
DAB Radio - Yes or No - local yokel
Great reception in S Oxon using an antenna about 4' long and 30' off the ground. Trying to work out how to set up a similar system on the car.
DAB Radio - Yes or No - bell boy
Great reception in S Oxon using an antenna about 4' long
and 30' off the ground. Trying to work out how
to set up a similar system on the car.

you will find reception in car better if you use one of those electrical "wander leads" use a circuit breaker if going out in rain mind ;-)
DAB Radio - Yes or No - martint123
personal DAB while fishing etc

Be aware that portable ones gobble up batteries being a digital device as well as all the radio bits.
If the UK used the same bit rates as most of Europe then I might have bought one, but as it stands, no.

Martin
DAB Radio - Yes or No - turbo11
I have a walkman type DAB radio.The reception where I live is fantastic even indoors and also when out shopping, ie. inside large superstores, but where i work there is virtually no signal outdoors let alone indoors.I would definately not buy a DAB in car radio, even though I prefer their music stations.