flat lip hatchbacks? - BmcC09
I need a vehicle for work and family, my work requires that I carry scientific equipment, and i really would like to buy a car that I can easily load equipment weighing up to 30Kg without having to heave it in and out of boots/trunks
I do not want an estate car!
my solution is to buy a hatchback with an estate type flat lip at the rear to make the loading and unloading easy
but havent found any yet?
can anyone help?

flat lip hatchbacks? - Hamsafar
Do you just mean a ledge on top of the bumper, or a swing-down tailboard?
What about a tow-bar? I have found if you put one foot on them they really help get heavy things out of a boot, as you can hunch over more without your back sraining and can slide the thing onto your upper horizontal leg while you regain your composure and get a grip of the object. It also is easier to find the remote in your pocket when you get back to the car with your hands full if you put one foot on the towbar you can put the object on your leg again and support it with one hand while the other unlocks and opens the boot..
flat lip hatchbacks? - Lud
Pity the Citroen GS and CX are no longer made. Boot foor flat to rear edge, level with bottom of bumper, the middle section of which swung up with the lid. If it's rational it must be French (or Citroen anyway).
flat lip hatchbacks? - L'escargot
What about one of those electrically operated crane thingies that disabled people have for lifting their small scooters in and out? I understand that they're only about £1100.
--
L\'escargot.
flat lip hatchbacks? - expat
Try a Mazda 323.
flat lip hatchbacks? - Vansboy
PT Cruiser - the loadspace is designed for 'tailgate parties', so OK for sitting on & a firm enough base to handle your equipment!

VB
flat lip hatchbacks? - Gromit {P}
I'm pretty sure the Saab 900/93 had a flat load-sill...until they changed to the current saloon body, that is.
flat lip hatchbacks? - Group B
I'm pretty sure the Saab 900/93 had a flat load-sill...until they
changed to the current saloon body, that is.

Nah, Saab 9-3 hatchback boot lip is about 6" high. Better than some but not as good as others. In fact I think my Dads Audi A4 saloon has a lower boot lip (this is from memory so could be completely wrong!).
flat lip hatchbacks? - BmcC09
Hi
Thanks everyone for the ideas, I mean a flat bed entry as found in most estates/mpvs, the purpose for me is that I can easily slide the equipment in and out without having to lift it in and out over a raised lip. I just dont need an estate sized vehicle. I am looking for 0-4 year old cars.
flat lip hatchbacks? - Dynamic Dave
Why not simply fit a false floor (made out of plywood / MDF) that is at the same height as the raised lip?